Dexter Outdoors

Squid Sammich

Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
She messaged me earlier and said he was slowly coming out of sedation. That he was still using a ventilator partially but that's good because he is actually using his new lungs too. The goal for today is to start nutrition and get him sitting up. Tomorrow they hope to have him walking.

Hopefully they don't mind me sharing that info but seeing as how we are all one big dysfunctional family here...

Upvote 0

Outhouse

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
I’m glad some beat me to the update. I’ve not spoken to Nancy but I sent her a text to see how’s she is holding up. I’ve never met her but she must be as tough as her man Mike. I suspect he’s still got a long road ahead, but the sun is shining brighter on my bud.

Upvote 0

Squid Sammich

Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
Sounds like they are turning down the ventilator more and more and making Mike to rely on his new lungs more which is just a miracle if you ask me. The have detected an antibody which is associated with organ rejection in his blood and they will be taking steps the next few days to eliminate that antibody. Not out of the woods yet but at least over the mountaintop it seems.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Sounds like they are turning down the ventilator more and more and making Mike to rely on his new lungs more which is just a miracle if you ask me. The have detected an antibody which is associated with organ rejection in his blood and they will be taking steps the next few days to eliminate that antibody. Not out of the woods yet but at least over the mountaintop it seems.

Any updates on Mike?

Upvote 0

Squid Sammich

Aug 23, 2015
Texas
Name
Matt
Boat
To be determined
Hey Soda, matter of fact I heard from Nancie tonight. She sent me a pic of Mike on his first walk today post-op. He made it 50 feet so that's pretty good! One thing I noticed is that all of the doctors and nursing staff in the pic had big smiles on their faces so that really made me feel good about the situation. He is still relying on the ventilator less and his lungs more so still going good. Will post more when I know something.

Upvote 0

RockHopperNCKA

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Hey Soda, matter of fact I heard from Nancie tonight. She sent me a pic of Mike on his first walk today post-op. He made it 50 feet so that's pretty good! One thing I noticed is that all of the doctors and nursing staff in the pic had big smiles on their faces so that really made me feel good about the situation. He is still relying on the ventilator less and his lungs more so still going good. Will post more when I know something.

Wow, that is amazing! I don't know Mike, but he sounds like a great man and the service he offers the LR community is incredible.

Good vibes continue to be sent!

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Still lifting Mike, his family, and his friends UP. Assurance of healing in God's timing brings me joy with these updates. Thank you all for sharing the love for one another through the love of our sport. In times like these, I'm glad this website is more than just fishing...

Upvote 0