Midchannel Bank

seabeckgrown

Mar 10, 2019
Kitsap
Name
Neil
Boat
1999 Smokercraft 172 Salmon
Looking to hit mid channel bank for the MA9/10 opener Thursday. I’ll be fishing the ebb, but was a little concerned this morning with a lack of bait on today’s ebb. Hit the 85-100’ areas pretty thoroughly, but definitely was marking more bait Saturday along Ediz Hook.

I usually launch out of Eglon and hit Possession Bar, but I’ll be trying MCB this year and am wondering if 4 AM will be early enough to launch out of Port Townsend or if I’d be safer launching from Fort Flagler or Mystery Bay on Marrowstone. Looking for advice on how packed things get up there for the opener.
Cheers!

seabeckgrown

Mar 10, 2019
Kitsap
Name
Neil
Boat
Parking is what I’m concerned about. Would hate to get to a lot at 4 AM and have it already be full.

seabeckgrown

Mar 10, 2019
Kitsap
Name
Neil
Boat
Is it that hard to go try first? Jump on a web based board to finalize your trip? Go with your gut
I’m definitely going to MCB, just trying to see how full the lots get. Not a fan of driving to a lot, then having to get creative with parking or simply driving to another launch.

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
If you take last years boat traffic count and multiply by 900% which is what the shrimp buoy count said I would recommend launching the night before or before 3am. What we have all seen this year is the influx of boat owners willing to travel to new territory to get the boat wet. I think the fort Casey launch will have a line starting at 3am with boats still launching at 8am. Guessing someone will send a boat off a roller trailer on at least one side if not both of the ramps. Don’t get in a hurry but launch and depart quickly, there’s not going to be much of a dock for extra time to hang out. Good luck tomorrow, I am looking forward to being able to walk to port Townsend from fort Casey without ever touching water

seabeckgrown

Mar 10, 2019
Kitsap
Name
Neil
Boat
If you take last years boat traffic count and multiply by 900% which is what the shrimp buoy count said I would recommend launching the night before or before 3am. What we have all seen this year is the influx of boat owners willing to travel to new territory to get the boat wet. I think the fort Casey launch will have a line starting at 3am with boats still launching at 8am. Guessing someone will send a boat off a roller trailer on at least one side if not both of the ramps. Don’t get in a hurry but launch and depart quickly, there’s not going to be much of a dock for extra time to hang out. Good luck tomorrow, I am looking forward to being able to walk to port Townsend from fort Casey without ever touching water
PM coming your way. Good luck tomorrow.

bobberdoggin

‘Butt Kraken
Mar 23, 2015
Name
Thomas
Boat
22’ SeaSport Sportsman ‘Butt Kraken
It’s a shitshow everywhere on the opener. Good luck, have fun and post pictures of your success!

Reactions: seabeckgrown