Fincutter

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
There's lots of info about yo-yo and surface iron but what about mid-water jigs? I used to catch fish that way but it's been a long time and I don't remember which jigs I used or how I fished them. I recently experimented with some of my favorite yo-yo jigs and none of them swim very well. Thoughts?

eddiefishtaco

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 16, 2009
FONTANA,CA USA
Name
EDDIE
Boat
sold
Those get destroyed by blue perch and small rockfish and other little critters. I wish they were stronger

Reactions: Cubeye

COSDoug

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 23, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO.
Name
Doug
Boat
Hobie Kayak
Colt Sniper for me. Drop it below the depth the captain is metering the school then erratically wind back up through. Very effective, anything that swims will eat it. I've been bit on the sink and the retrieve about 50 / 50.

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
:D If rigged tuna heavy and a big tuna would probably shred the jig btw. Worth it for a jumbo

For BFT eating free fall jigs?
Those get destroyed by blue perch and small rockfish and other little critters. I wish they were stronger
I know the lure will get destroyed by any fish. That's why I'm thinking make it worth it. Bft worth it. Blue perch not worth it LOL

I should had mentioned any fish will destroy it.

One shot one fish.

That type of action comes from flexible material. Like a swimbait. They don't last long and a big fish is worth destroying a expensive lure imo to get bit

Clean quality fish fishing. No junk fish. Could be worth the price

When every bite is a 🏆

Last edited: