Wild Bill

Remind me again why I own a boat
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Garmin now owns Navionics so I think the whole situation of charts for Garmin is about to improve.

I have a complete Simrad system with 2 x Evo3, 4G Radar, S5100 Sonar, 3D Structure Scan, AP12 Autopilot Computer, HS60 GPS Compass - 175M, 175HW and 265LH transducers - as well as Navionics and C-Map charts all networked through Ethernet and/or NMEA2K.

I am very pleased with how everything performs particularly sonar and charting - oh and dual-range Radar and the autopilot.

Let’s hope this come to fruition. When Garmin bought tr1 and I thought oh boy now they are gonna make this thing work like it should. Wrong! Still the same steaming pile of unreliable shit and they are just milking that cash cow!

Last edited:

fishbadger

Apr 6, 2012
WA
Name
fishbadger
Boat
.Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
Let’s hope this come to fruition. When Garmin bought tr1 and I thought oh boy now they are gonna make this thing work like it should. Wrong! Still the same steaming pile of unreliable shit and they are just milking that cash cow!
My concern would be that they just bury the Nav charts to kill the competition, and push their current product because they can. Hopefully I'm off base on that.

fb

BCTony

Feb 10, 2011
West Vancouver, BC, Canada
Name
Anthony Harvey
Boat
Hoochie Koo II
I had a TR1 Gold on my previous boat with which I was not too disappointed but for trolling at sea an autopilot on the main motor(s) linked to kicker is a much better arrangement. And better value - I always think that the TR1 Gold is expensive for what it is.

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
I had a TR1 Gold on my previous boat with which I was not too disappointed but for trolling at sea an autopilot on the main motor(s) linked to kicker is a much better arrangement. And better value - I always think that the TR1 Gold is expensive for what it is.
same previous experience, same current experience (main/kicker/one AP) and same thought. TR1gold is expensive for what it is - especially given how frequently you have to replace stuff.