Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
whichever one will have me
This post is largely in response to this post:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/inshore-islands-fishing-reports-southern-california/322927-mexican-navy-nados-fishing-report.html

Hopefully we can get some clear answers here. I will forward the questions to my friends at the Mex board of Tourism and get them answered directly from the horses mouth.....to the best of my ability.

Rules:

If you have a legitimate question, write it here.

Do not ask a question that someone else has already asked....that just makes the thread longer than it needs to be and shows that you are very self-centered :)

No bullshit and don't begin a discussion on this thread....I don't want to dig thru pages of BS to find questions.

If this even starts to go the wrong way it will be shut down and no one wins.

Thanks...have a nice day.

Last edited:

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
1.) passports or passport cards, are they required to fish in Mexican waters? regardless of private boat or on a cattle boat?

2.) Do you have to have a name on your boat if there is no name listed on boat registration? or are CF numbers sufficient?

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Do I need a passport to travel/fish in Mex waters by boat?

glib

Nov 29, 2010
bird rock
Name
chris
Boat
ruru
my fathers name is on the registration of our boat and not mine can i run into any problems fishing mexican waters without him onboard

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
If you get these questions answered can we get the name of the person you got the info from?....

brantc

Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
Please read the questions that are asked before yours.....Do not ask the same question twice...it takes me twice as long to read the thread.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Does the size of the letters of the name of the boat have to be a certain size?

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Well since we're asking questions about Mexican laws on the water and such, and since we recently discussed how they may be more prone now to enforcing rules that in the past they didn't, here is a good one to find an answer to.

Does Mexico require us to have a VHF license on all boats that have or are using a VHF in Mexican waters??

This subject came up years ago in great detail, although all I could find right now was this little bit posted by Kerncat

May-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Captain

Name: Opos
Vessel: Gone to a new keeper
Job:Grumpy old man

In addition to the Mexican permits for everyone on board...I don't know how "technical" the Mexicans want to get but the law states that if you have a vhf radio on board and are in Mexican waters you need a vhf radio station license and a personal vhf radiotelephone operators license..neither of these is required for pleasure boaters in the US but if you go into foreign waters, you are supposed to have them (even though they are technically a US permit/license)..I'd bet that very few P/Br's have a station or a personal license..like I said, it's all in how technical folks want to get..maybe someone else can weigh in on this one..the station license is for something like 5 years and does cost...the personal permit is free as I recall...

There was a whole thread some months back on this subject among other threads that touched on it.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
What is the size requirement of a boat as far as having the name of the port on it?
IE a 14' trailer boat has to have the port painted on it?????

Last edited by a moderator:

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Does parent A require a notarized release form from parent B to take a minor child into Mexican waters similar to crossing the border?

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I am fairly sure I know the answer to this, but just in case.....

Is a flare gun considered an acceptable means for a flare launcher or must it be only hand held flares to fall within the law??

The unknown fisherman:p:

nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
What causes a boat to be boarded? Is there anything specific that makes one a target or is it the luck of the draw?

rivertake

Well-Known "Member"
May 28, 2008
Hoopin since
Name
LOBSTER
Boat
CATCHER
As owner and captain of boat I have a passport.
Are my friends who are on the boat with me required to have a passport?

SeaHawk IV

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 15, 2008
SGV, United States of America
Name
Al
Boat
Are they allowed to perform a cursory search or pat down of the person? If yes, what about female passengers, do they send out a female Navy personnel for the shake down?

Antares

The popcorn police
Jul 3, 2009
San Diego/Maui
Name
Drew
Boat
29'
What does proper paper work include?
Mex fish lic
Boat registration
Mex insurance
Passport (already asked)

If i fish naked is that ok? Will the navy still board me?

brantc

Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
This could have been a productive thread but a few aholes had to chime in and start wasting my time.....

Way to fuck it up for those that actually wanted info.

Closed.

Last edited:

brantc

Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
Try to do some good????? And get necessary questions answered, but a few douches fuck it up. Oh well.....they can find the answers themselves. I'll share the answers with my friends and those genuinely interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.