marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
As I use diesel, today the price converts to $3.70/gal in Baja. Today at Costco in Chula Vista the price is $2.53/ gal. About 32% more??? And this is supposed to be open market price...I don't think so. Sounds like domestic robbery from Pemex. Glad I have a 2,000 plus mile cruising range in my F-350. My trips from San Diego to Loreto and back no problem.
Man i thought i had some range with my measly 100 gallons in my f450,you got me beat.

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Just heard on the radio while driving this morning that gas prices here in the US this year (not sure when) will become the highest they have been in the past 5 years.
The unknown fisherman:p:
That would suck big time. I remember 07-08 time frame when diesel was $5 a gallon. I was burning 80 gallons a week. I was running to TJ getting it for $1.80 a gallon because it was 5.76 pesos a liter.

lucky 100

"Swordfish Searcher"
Aug 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Captain O
Boat
Reel Caliente
I was down at the San Ysidro on the US side of the Border today and you wouldn't believe the lines at the gas stations blocking traffic in the street.
I hadn't heard what was going on until later today on the radio in the car almost 85% of the cars I saw had Baja Plates.
Its really to bad I wonder what the price is at Hotel Coral and Mag Bay, East Cape then Cabo Wow !!

strackle99

Mar 20, 2008
Allied Gardens
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
Corporate subsidies make our gas cheaper than Mex.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Corporate subsidies make our gas cheaper than Mex.
Our corporations oil to gas pay fees and taxes that are crazy, what subsidies? This stuff will even out and we will pay more, Mexico needs higher wages, thats the only thing that will solve multiple problems. Deregulation should add better jobs, money for refineries, until then we just need to support or friends to the south, keep traveling, fishing, spending money wisely. If you what cheap fuel up here be c a refull who you vote for, buying big oil stock, put dividends in your tank, tough times good luck Mexico, always take stuff down you can give away, every little bit helps. The hobo fisherman. Corn to fuel subsidies, yep eat more corn,piss in your tank! !!

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Elon Musk is grinning from ear to ear as the oil companies help put themselves out of business.
Musk 70% subsidies from Obama, think he'll like the new administration, think Stanley Steamer, cars running on coal, without subsidies his cars will double in price. Really doesn't have much to do with mexico. Glad when we can get back to fishing, saving the world p asses time on a rainy day, hope all our friends are ok in baha, !

Vigilant32

Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Ours is a rigged system too when they can predict a price increase so far in advance because the price increase will be created by the producers not the market.

Consumers are so stupid. We have the control. Reduce your gas usage wherever possible worldwide and the asshats will be begging us to buy more gas at < than $2.00. Remember our blood thirsty govt adds 40% taxes to the price.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Ours is a rigged system too when they can predict a price increase so far in advance because the price increase will be created by the producers not the market.

Consumers are so stupid. We have the control. Reduce your gas usage wherever possible worldwide and the asshats will be begging us to buy more gas at < than $2.00. Remember our blood thirsty govt adds 40% taxes to the price.
So true.... Majority rules....But But they can't get it together....just sad.....

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
So true.... Majority rules....But But they can't get it together....just sad.....
Ya a few billion people in China and India that are just discovering: motor vehicle's doesn't help the equation much. The sad truth is there's a price for gas it can't stay below cost forever and government will pile on taxes especially in states like California. Better pay is the only way out for our Southern friends.

strackle99

Mar 20, 2008
Allied Gardens
Name
Todd
Boat
The one on the fish
Our corporations oil to gas pay fees and taxes that are crazy, what subsidies? This stuff will even out and we will pay more, Mexico needs higher wages, thats the only thing that will solve multiple problems. Deregulation should add better jobs, money for refineries, until then we just need to support or friends to the south, keep traveling, fishing, spending money wisely. If you what cheap fuel up here be c a refull who you vote for, buying big oil stock, put dividends in your tank, tough times good luck Mexico, always take stuff down you can give away, every little bit helps. The hobo fisherman. Corn to fuel subsidies, yep eat more corn,piss in your tank! !!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/drillinginfo/2016/02/22/debunking-myths-about-federal-oil-gas-subsidies/#473a0acc5e62

Forbes places the oil subsidies at $10 billion to $52 billion, depending on which politician you ask.

noslow64

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 1, 2015
La Mesa
Name
Derek
Boat
sold it
so my coworker told me that mexico is starting to get gas back to the baja gas stations. Hopefully they won't be priced to high.

he said that 200 federales came from mexico city & started kicking the protesters asses.

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
IMHO, Mexico is headed to towards major inflation on household goods and higher gas prices. I have seen it over the past 3 years. I slight raise in all goods and services. Wages have increased, but not at the rate of common goods. Gas and utilities has not been touched for the most part. Now gas and utilities are going to increase , lets guess 40% over th next year., this will be reflected in a spike in all consumables nationwide, inflation.

Just follow the $$. The peso has went from 13:1 to 20:1. If you are charging dollars and paying pesos, you are doing pretty well, no matter what the costs of fuel and goods have risen to.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Better wages is all that can help, tricky though, more wages, more inflation, the farmers biggest group. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for vegetables if it would help. Raise pay and charge more on exports?

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga

FISHTRK

Jul 21, 2006
San Diego
Name
Bill
Boat
Parker 2501
Wonder what the isolated gas stations(such as Gonzaga Bay/Bay of LA) that have no competition will 'float' up to?

noslow64

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 1, 2015
La Mesa
Name
Derek
Boat
sold it
Wonder what the isolated gas stations(such as Gonzaga Bay/Bay of LA) that have no competition will 'float' up to?
I PM'ed Enrique Daggett (Daggetts sportfishing) to see how the gas & diesel is doing in bola. will post it when he reply's.

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
Being a small isolated (captive?) market, Pemex stations at places like Gonzaga and LA Bay, I'm sure their fuel will go up like a Polaris missile. At least until some enterprising locals buy it cheaper someplace else, pick-up truck it in and sell out of 55 gal. steel drums in their front yard......sound familiar?