PENN

rjpenaranda

Jul 6, 2009
alpine,ca
Name
Rj Penaranda
Boat
26 wellcraft
been fishing for 2 years in mexico and heard a lot of things about the federales we never got stopped until yesterday when we saw them from a distance checking mission belle at TJ flats and tried to go a different direction but they followed my boat we were scared shit less but they were really nice their boat number is 1112, they asked for every bodies passport (which none of us brought), boat registration, ID & mexican license . They didn't go on board they just made me sign a paper & everyone else as a witness that they were really professional and courteous. And after that for about an hour wide open cudas then headed home.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    What happens if you refuse to sign it :D Just sayin :rofl:

Upvote 0

Mikieb

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 8, 2011
    Huntington Beach, Calif.
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Crash & Burn
    Alomejor Tula me ten en el culo ! :rofl::rofl::rofl: just saying :rofl:

Upvote 0

dkd711

Skunk Master...
    Jun 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Duke
    Boat
    "WFO SKUNK"
    I think it's just a waiver form saying they didn't damage your boat while tied together...

What's up with asking for passports these days? Are we supposed to bring that along now?

Upvote 0

TonyH54

Whiskey Tango
    May 9, 2010
    Fullerton, Ca
    Name
    Antonio Pendejo
    Boat
    Ask Jerry
    Duh....they are members of Mexico's NAVY. What makes you think they wouldn't be packing??:shithappens:
    Personal experience, sometimes they are strapped, sometimes they are not.

Ok, Duh, I will ask the question again to the OP so you can understand.

Were the Mexican sailors that you had personal contact with armed, and if so, which sometimes may or may not be the case, were they practicing good weapons discipline?

Upvote 0

rjpenaranda

Jul 6, 2009
    alpine,ca
    Name
    Rj Penaranda
    Boat
    26 wellcraft
    Were they armed? 19 year old kids with full auto weapons always make me just a little nervous.

yes but it wasn't pointed at anyone. one of them looks like he's only 13 years old. And they even told us if we needed any help just call them on channel 16. but i was thinking to myself if i needed any help i'll call our coast guard.

Upvote 0

Doradogirl

and some Yellowtail
    Dec 26, 2009
    Ramona, Ca
    Name
    Amanda
    Boat
    26' Blackman "LaiLani"
    Captain Tom brought back our 25 foot Blackman the "Leilani" from the coral and was stopped and boarded. It was rough yesterday south of the rock pile and needless to say they created a dangerous situation. Capt. Tom was in touch with the coast guard the entire time. Only half of the dozen soldiers had life jackets, they were on a military vessel with no bow rail holding fenders; did some damage to the LeiLanni but nothing to bad. Did not have him sign anything, so it must depend on who stops you. Thought I would pass the story on.

Upvote 0

T-BONE1

Killum All
    Jan 7, 2005
    Encinitas
    Name
    Thomas
    Boat
    Davis Cortez 22
    What happens if you don’t sign? They shoot you and take your boat and your never heard of again

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
    Nov 7, 2005
    Chula Vista
    Name
    Rich
    Boat
    One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    What happens if you don’t sign? They shoot you and take your boat and your never heard of again

If they were never heard of again, how would we know what happened?

I think innocent fisherman are thrown into the Tuna Triangle never to be heard from again.....

Upvote 0

Fishfire

Almost A Member
    Dec 21, 2006
    Dana Pt
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    Yes
    Were they armed? 19 year old kids with full auto weapons always make me just a little nervous.

Why would that make you nervous? Our military is full of 19 yo kids with weapons...does that make you nervous? Have you been pulled over by a Coast Guard boat lately? Pretty much the same thing.

Upvote 0

TonyH54

Whiskey Tango
    May 9, 2010
    Fullerton, Ca
    Name
    Antonio Pendejo
    Boat
    Ask Jerry
    Why would that make you nervous? Our military is full of 19 yo kids with weapons...does that make you nervous? Have you been pulled over by a Coast Guard boat lately? Pretty much the same thing.

20 years in the US Army, anytime I am around the "other guys" and they are strapped, it makes me just a bit nervous and overly cautious. Many militarys do not teach the same discipline as ours. Don't want to be reading about any High Seas training accidents.

As to your question about the Coast Guard, yes, just a couple of weeks ago, they were very cool and they were not displaying their weapons. They had a LMG mount on the bow, it was bare.

Upvote 0

dorado50

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 5, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    DAVID
    Boat
    BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
    Can't believe you made it out alive..lol. I was boarded by USCG in US waters last week. They too were armed and even boarded my boat. Did a full on inspection and the 50 question deal. When all said and done I got a "atta boy" sticker and an "A" on the inspection. I made it out alive...lol

Upvote 0