Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
CONAPESCA SAN DIEGO - Sportfishing regulations, Conapesca Mexico San Diego Office

In ocean waters and estuaries the limit is a total of ten fish per person per day, with no more than 5 catches of a single specie, except of the species of Marlin, Sailfish, Swordfish and Shark, of which only one specimen from this group is allowed per day, and which counts a five toward the overall 10 fish limit, or Dorado, Roosterfish, Shad, or Tarpon, of which only two samples from this group are allowed, and which count as five toward the overall 10 fish limit.

Lets break it down for you:

the limit is a total of ten fish per person per day, with no more than 5 catches of a single specie, So 10 fish per day, 5 of one specie, OK?

except of the species of Marlin, Sailfish, Swordfish and Shark, of which only one specimen from this group is allowed per day, and which counts a five toward the overall 10 fish limit only allowed 1 of either of these, OK? They count as 5. OK?

or Dorado, Roosterfish, Shad, or Tarpon, of which only two samples from this group are allowed, and which count as five toward the overall 10 fish limit.

Or did you see or? Dorado, Roosterfish, Shad, or Tarpon only two samples from this group are allowed, and which count as five. So that means you can keep 2 and they count as 5, so you have five left. 10-5=5.

Remember 3rd grade? IF Johnny is allowed 10 fish and he has 5 already, how many more can he keep? Answer is 5!!!!!!!!!!

So to recap in case you missed it:

2 dorado + 5 other fish (tuna, yt) = 10 and you're done.
2 dorado + 1 marlin = 10 and you're done.
2 dorado + 2 roster fish =10 and you're done.
2 dorado + 1 YT + 1 YFT + 1 BET + 1 Albie = 10 and you're done.

Bottom line catch 2 dorado and 5 assorted YT & Tuna and you're done. 2 Bluefin IF the season is open.
Currently the Bluefin fishery in Mexico is CLOSED.

We'll go over this next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaaTooSee

Life is Short, Play Now!
Feb 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Frank
Boat
WaaTooSee
sooo....

what happens if I am fishing alone in mex waters and take 60 4lb dorado within a 10 hour period? Am I still within limits?

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
sooo....

what happens if I am fishing alone in mex waters and take 60 4lb dorado within a 10 hour period? Am I still within limits?
Don't make me lock this thread Frank......:frehya2:

WaaTooSee

Life is Short, Play Now!
Feb 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Frank
Boat
WaaTooSee
sorry. It just seems like we go through this crap over and over and over.

learn the rules folks.

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
sorry. It just seems like we go through this crap over and over and over.

learn the rules folks.
Exactly.

These are the rules people. Know them, follow them. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.