Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
They confiscated The ConSeaMate...............then they immediately returned it before Frank could get away. :D

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Gwad...the Embarcadero Marina (managed by the County of Orange) in Dana Point will put a lock on (confiscate) your boat trailer if your "paperwork" (current reg and current insurance) isn't "in order". They check every boat in the parking lot every evening visitors included and you haven't paid they let you know about it.

I can only guess at how organized the 400 boat owners in question (that's 400 nationwide) must be.

Upvote 0

cabofever

Jan 21, 2007
huntington beach
Name
bajabob
Boat
55 Angel
Many internet forums are carrying this story including reports from boat owners.They are looking for import permits and current registrations and ?????
You may recall 20 years ago before the import permits many yachts including mine were seized.They were never moved from the slips but we were forbidden to move the boats or they would be confiscated. It took 6 months to get the boat released and by the way I had all the proper papers. Lets hope this does not turn into another disaster.

Upvote 0

tntnotnert

Feb 9, 2008
colorado
Name
andrew
Boat
60,hatteras,slayer
Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
It is not a rumor the government put multiple guys on each dock in cabo and San Jose del cabo marina to check documents. It is a tax problem. The are a handful of boats that are ceased as of right now. I have seen the papers taped on the side of boats personally.

Then those boats are not in compliance with Mexican law. What's your point???

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
I think his point is it's not entirely a rumor.

So what's your point about his point???

Quit trying to be a bully to the not so often posters. :D :2gunsfiring_v1:

The unknown fisherman:p:

Don't you have a long winded and tedious tournament report to post??? :D

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
I think his point is it's not entirely a rumor.

So what's your point about his point???

Quit trying to be a bully to the not so often posters. :D :2gunsfiring_v1:

The unknown fisherman:p:

Stop picking on Mr. Marlin.........or your dog is lunch.....:rofl:......

Upvote 0

parrcabo

May 12, 2009
Cabo San Lucas & Coronado
Name
mark parr
Boat
Fenix 48' uniflight ( cabo ) Pitufina 24' 2380wac sailfish ( S.D.)
Have my Boat in SJDC no problems and have not had any one mess with me. My bud in cabo says that they are checking all he boat there.
Tight lines
mp

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Just when I was ready to pull NoZilla to Mx and fish with Gil Marlin......................

And now this.............

Nope. :D

Upvote 0

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
They went through Marine Groups in Puerto Los Cabos, and checked paper work, and were going to confiscate boat not in compliance, I had to send all of my actual documents to San Diego where they got all certified copies, to keep on hand. No problem if you have all of your stuff in order

Upvote 0

Breakwater4

Almost A Member
Mar 8, 2010
Cardiff, CA
Name
Sean
Boat
Outerbanks Custom Carolina 28', "BlewByou"
Yes, legitimate claim, but it's no different than the US. From what I've seen in the past year there, as long as you're current on your docs/stickers and import paperwork, you're fine. They don't impound boats unless you ignore their letter taped to your boat and just keep fishing. It's definitely not the crazy wild west that some are making it out to be, just a government wanting their due fees and having no means of collecting if they don't do their rounds. The guys at the marina offices there blow away our dumbasses in Southern Cal marina offices. They are so happy to help you keep your docs in order down there, just ask them what they need to keep you compliant and they'll make it very simple.

Upvote 0