blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
bahia asuncion, on the west coast of central baja
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
We have had a couple visits from fisheries officers here in Bahia Asuncion and they are checking all on board for current fishing licenses and also checking your fish with regards to limits so heads up all you anglers in the area...have your licenses onboard with you. They also told us they will have a patrol boat checking boats on the water too. I am glad as this may help deter those who tend to...ummm....load up on fish...way over their limits.
Dont forget one wahoo and you are done keeping fish...it counts for 10 pieces...dorado counts as 5.

Upvote 0

mogambosquid

Oct 31, 2004
Carpinteria, CA, Chiriqui, Panama
Name
Greg
Boat
22' panga, 24' diesel inboard
Dont forget one wahoo and you are done keeping fish...it counts for 10 pieces...dorado counts as 5.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see some enforcement, but is the wahoo rule new or specific to the Asuncion area? I checked the regs posted on the SAGARPA/CONAPESCA site and there is no mention of wahoo counting as 10.
Not long ago I was checked around Cerralvo with 5 wahoo for 2 guys and was told todo bien.

cartel-tolerancias-v4-en.jpg

Upvote 0

Bubba

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 6, 2004
Pismo Beach
Name
Bubba
Boat
18' Trophy
We were told to expect a permanent Govt guy in BdeLA next year. No specifics but the times are changing. Lets hope the big commercial guys get scrutinized as well.

Exactly, the commercials and seiners have done some real damage.

Upvote 0

blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
bahia asuncion, on the west coast of central baja
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
Dont forget one wahoo and you are done keeping fish...it counts for 10 pieces...dorado counts as 5.

Glad to see some enforcement, but is the wahoo rule new or specific to the Asuncion area? I checked the regs posted on the SAGARPA/CONAPESCA site and there is no mention of wahoo counting as 10.
Not long ago I was checked around Cerralvo with 5 wahoo for 2 guys and was told todo bien.

View attachment 803855[/QUOTE]
Hmm...I guess the fisheries guy should read this eh...maybe he thinks wahoo is a bill fish? Interesting that wahoo isnt mentioned anywhere...so by this you can keep 2 dorado and 5 other fish...kewl

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    So are you saying 2 dorado is a limit? And 5 Wahoo is a limit. Very confusing. Thanks for the info though. }<]]]]]]]°>
    Confusing, their regs one page you can get with license, California 100 page book, you can walk 100 yards and be in three different zones with different regs.

Reactions: s//m_cinco
    Upvote 0