Kook
Apr 18, 2012
LA/Santa Cruz
Name
Shannon
Boat
Edgewater
Glad this got pushed back to the top.

Jim I really enjoyed reading this, along with your other reports.

You could put together a healthy collection of short stories at this point.

Reactions: Rodless_Jim
Upvote 0

One Track

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 28, 2004
El Cajon
Name
Brent
Boat
Blood
Yah Jim. Your writing skills are over the top. This surpasses magazine journalism and is knocking on the door of full-blown book-type writing. This thread is more like a book than a short story; extremely colorful and easy to read. Your conversational style will appeal to so many hunters across the board, from rookies, to whitetail hunters, to those that hunt the west. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I enjoyed reading about the characters and the world series more than the hunting. It takes crazy-like patience to hang out with those characters, and worldly experience to appreciate them.

Your reaction to the friend that stiffed you is a worldly lesson for us all. It's easier to forgive then to hold a grudge. Of course, that type of friend only gets two strikes. You can only hope that he learned a life lesson and makes it right in the future.
Saludos to you Amigo. Congrats on a bomber buck, and an exciting trip.

Reactions: Rodless_Jim
Upvote 0

Rodless_Jim

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
Yah Jim. Your writing skills are over the top. This surpasses magazine journalism and is knocking on the door of full-blown book-type writing. This thread is more like a book than a short story; extremely colorful and easy to read. Your conversational style will appeal to so many hunters across the board, from rookies, to whitetail hunters, to those that hunt the west. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I enjoyed reading about the characters and the world series more than the hunting. It takes crazy-like patience to hang out with those characters, and worldly experience to appreciate them.

Your reaction to the friend that stiffed you is a worldly lesson for us all. It's easier to forgive then to hold a grudge. Of course, that type of friend only gets two strikes. You can only hope that he learned a life lesson and makes it right in the future.
Saludos to you Amigo. Congrats on a bomber buck, and an exciting trip.

Thank you Brent! Very kind words indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed the read.

Upvote 0