bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Mexican Authorities will begin strictly enforcing their immigration policies when fishing within their 12 mile limit by seizing boats, towing them to port and then deporting illegal immigrants. This is clearly NOT a problem if you follow their rules, but there will be no more warnings.
I cannot help but wonder if Trump's recent comments have influenced their decisions?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-fishing-regulations-20150727-story.html

Last edited:
Reactions: marlyn
Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    This site doesn't support political content and will not stand for any negative comments directed twards our friends from the south. We have joined forces in our efforts to capture "El Chapo". Moving on.....:-)

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Not a problem,paper works all in order....do I look like a tunnel digging rapist?

capt spalding (NM).jpg

Reactions: 26grumpy and marlyn
    Upvote 0

polfishski

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 5, 2008
    Descanso
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
    Good for them. I see no problem with a country enforcing there laws. We would be much better off if we truly enforced ours as well. It's pretty simple follow the rules obey the laws and this new enforcement or any law enforcement will be a non issue for anyone.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Stop raping this country...please!

Upvote 0

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
    Sep 27, 2004
    Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
    Name
    Bill Parker
    Boat
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    This site doesn't support political content and will not stand for any negative comments directed twards our friends from the south. We have joined forces in our efforts to capture "El Chapo". Moving on.....:-)
    Sorry this was not meant to become political. I love Mexico, visiting there and fishing in their waters. I support them enforcing their policies as a sovern nation. American have a choice they may choose to visit there and fish or not. Like any nation just obey their rules. However when comments are made denigrating a people or their government it is normal to expect a reaction.
    my post was made based on this:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-fishing-regulations-20150727-story.html

I am surprised that SAC has not posted this announcement as it is common knowledge.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    I was just giving you a hard time. The "Donald" however, is cocky and tells it as he sees it, he has no filters in his comments and as annoying as I find him, he is not afraid to be politically incorrect. Gotta respect him for not being fake like most politicians.

Upvote 0

alglaser

Almost A Member
    Jun 5, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Name
    Alan Glaser
    Boat
    30' Proline
    Does anyone know if this is just going to be enforced within 12 miles of land? Will I need to carry my passport if I'm fishing the 302?

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
    Jul 9, 2006
    Warner Springs
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    Does anyone know if this is just going to be enforced within 12 miles of land? Will I need to carry my passport if I'm fishing the 302?

12 mile deal.

From article below:

"While fishing permits long have been required, the federal government has more recently been asking foreign visitors to comply with Mexican immigration regulations, requiring them to carry passports and tourist permits when inside the country’s territorial waters, within 12 miles of the coastline. Known as an FMM, the visitor permit costs about $21."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ico-san-diego-sportfishing-permits-crackdown/

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    Coronados could be counted as land, so yes to fish the 302 and several other local banks you might need it, you also might not. That has been part of the problem, the 12 miles from land has not been well defined. So unfortunately we get to see what the mexican navy will do.

Reactions: bparker1225
    Upvote 0

TAPOUT

Sep 17, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    Cabo 48 FB "Outlaw", Yellowfin 26 Hybrid "Boomer"
    12 miles of COAST LAND.. not ISLAND.

So that would mean no FMM is needed at the Coronados. I wouldn't test that theory unless you want a free tow to Ensenada. As far as the 302 is concerned, we adhere to the 12 mile rule from the Coronados, although the laws are always subject to the interpretation of the Mexican Navy personnel you encounter.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    :shake:

this has been hashed over, and over, and over.

the very tip of North Island is ~9 NM from the beach.........so, uh, yeah, the islands ARE within the zone......

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Go Mexico!Its absolutely their right and i hope we reciprocate,nothing but respect for them for enforcing their laws.

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
    Aug 5, 2003
    LA
    Name
    Kerry
    Boat
    Yellow spot
    Go Mexico!Its absolutely their right and i hope we reciprocate,nothing but respect for them for enforcing their laws.

We have reciprocated for a long time. Boats from MX fishing in U.S. waters have needed proper paperwork forever.

Upvote 0

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
    Sep 27, 2004
    Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
    Name
    Bill Parker
    Boat
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    Based on comments from SAC, Mexican authorities are including the Coranados as land. Thus 12 miles from there. Using my GPS the 302 and 371 are outside of that 12 miles zone, however fishing the inside of the 302 is within the 12 miles as is the 425. People will do what they like, I will follow their rules. My boat can't outrun that Gunboat and I do not wish to donate it to Mexico at this point. Again I support what Mexico is doing. I will follow their rules!

Reactions: Liv2 huntnFish
    Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    if one was smart they would have their passport with them anytime they leave US Waters.. whether inside the 12 mile zone or out side of it and carry whatever others papers/documents that are required by the country your entering.. in this case is Mexico. Till this thing gets totally figured out I will stay in the U.S.ofA.waters.
    there are still the ups and downs on the vhf permit and operators licenses that keep popping up.. that they say we need. and that would be in either zone....

Reactions: bparker1225
    Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    :shake;

this has been hashed over, and over, and over.

the very tip of North Island is ~9 NM from the beach.........so, uh, yeah, the islands ARE within the zone......

Yes you are right and yes this has been the rules since last season, nothing has changed.

Now the Mexican Authorities are acting on this and enforcing it, nothing has changed so there is nothing new to report or to worry about.

Upvote 0

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    I saw on FD that the Navy is requiring FMM's for the 425 which within 12nm of the Islands. So then I poked Mrs Google for more information. The comment I made above about Coastline and Island is actually WRONG.

My apologies to Makairaa.

I seems the the 12nm chingadera is a territorial zone.

12nm-zone.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Latest posts