Mexicali scam

waynem

Dec 8, 2011
Cardiff, CA USA
Name
wayne mod
Boat Name
kayak
52 444 501 6592 heres the number boys. Have at it!!!! Just returned. Pulled over in mexicali. This time pulled out the card from discover baja and was set free with a warning. It worked. He didnt know what to do after 20 min he said. Sali, no infraction. Adios... lol.
He kept saying it wasnt good in mexicali. Response was but it says baja ca in the first sentence and I just kept saying and pointing to that. He kept saying the office is in tj though, pointing at the bottom address. And I said. Mexicali is baja or mainland. Baja. Badge name. Hector lopez.

View attachment 1443888
I tried showing that same document (that I got off Discover Baja's website) a few years ago when I was pulled over in Mexicali for no reason, and the crooked cop said that for traffic violations, yes, but not for the knife that he "found" inside the glove box of my truck (he had us out of the truck at the time he was searching the cab...i.e. planting the 6" knife}. They seem to find ways around the law one way or another.
He wanted $500. I was prepared to tell him we'd go to the station, but my brother was feeling really nervous about the whole thing (they had put handcuffs on us), so we ended up paying $40 and were on our way. Pretty upsetting but we ended up having a great trip anyways (after about an hour of shaky nerves).

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat Name
24 ft grady white
Every where you go there are unscrupulous dirt bags looking to make an easy buck.....being a Mexican has nothing to do with it.

New York is full of them.
There's a huge difference between what crooks can get away with in Mexico vs. New York. How many in New York or even this country have to bribe their way out of a situation like this one ?

Upvote 0

Crowman

Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat Name
YES
Every where you go there are unscrupulous dirt bags looking to make an easy buck.....being a Mexican has nothing to do with it.

New York is full of them.
Never been shaken down in any city that I've traveled in in the US in 60 years. Mexico has the tradition of Cartels and graft with their police so Mexican does have something to do with it.

Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat Name
n/a
I’m just messing around because my mom was born in Montreal Canada.
Can confirm. French Cananadians are a surly bunch toward visitors from the south. We used to race in Valleyfield, south of Montreal. French Canadians love boat racing and folks around the race course loved American boat racers.
Beyond the local area was a whole 'nother thing.

Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2010
Minneapolis/Gilroy/Buena Vista
Name
J. David LeCompte
Boat Name
20' Triton
What’s wrong with Canadians, lol
Not a Gol Darn thing! I spent 18 years in MPLS, have had a ton of wonderful trips to Canada, fishing and bear-watching!
Just trying to help Crowman find an alternative, comfortable place to land...
...Other than Baja....

Upvote 0

Its 4 Reels

Nov 2, 2005
Ensenada Baja Mexico
Name
Capt. Louie Prieto
Boat Name
23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
Question did you hit him or did he hit you?

Upvote 0