Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Hello fellas I wanna attend Fed hall this year in long Beach what days or day is best to attend for deals or just in general best days there Thanks
Whoever dreamed up the idea of changing the site should be BANNED from BD. Things that were simple and worked for years are now a fucking nightmare.

SEALSKINNER...do you job and ban whoever thought this up!

Whoever thought of it was probably the same guy who thought of those damnable remote controls for TV’s. What was wrong with TV knobs !!

Reactions: CommanderPinhead

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Whoever thought of it was probably the same guy who thought of those damnable remote controls for TV’s. What was wrong with TV knobs !!
Agree. My dogs never ate the TV knobs, but they chew up remotes like dog treats. They have their own maintenance account with Spectrum. Getting up to change the channel was exercise. Now we're all obese from using the remote.

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
A lotta people don’t like change... I thought it sucked at first until I learned how to use it. Not bad & happy to have such a cool platform to use for our favorite hobby.
^^^^This!
The only constant in life is change.
Horses and wagons used to be the preferred mode of travel until some genius came up with this thing called an engine.

winnawinna17

the only thing worse than getting old... is not...
Apr 17, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Name
Tim
Boat
dreaming
mr chaser

try to hover over a icon, button or word before you click on it
it explains what the button will do 👆 means it is clickable.

I think the former site was updated because of limitations of advertising... one major difference i have noticed. and probably memory / space ... 1 million + bumps of for sales on a free site

what do you need help finding?

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
Glendora
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
My biggest issue is the the site is that everyone seem way quicker tompick up deals... It's almost like the live on this board.... I know little bitter..... Now tell me your secret to being 1st in line!!!!

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
I am not obese......... fat maybe., or more like chubby. Yea
Yeah, I thought I was chubby until one of my dogs jumped on my lap. It took me 15 minutes to find her...and she weighs 26 pounds. Now I know I am obese and sometimes have a dog's head sticking out of my navel.

Reactions: pacificscout

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
it's like a boomerang that won't come back..............

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
Now tell me your secret to being 1st in line!!!!

On here too much.
It's sad...:o

but must say, there are of a lot for sale first posts lately.
Stick with trusted members and good judgement before this all goes to shit.

Last edited:

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
You kids get off my damn lawn!

:)

The site HAD to be upgraded as we were 3 years behind in security updates.

This is probably the 5th time in 17 years we have had to upgrade like this.

This is the 5th time 50 people have lost their minds because they don't like change.

There are about half a million people that visit this site per month.

I hope we will survive.

Take a deep breath. It will all be ok.

styxchaser

VERY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
I DON'T MIND CHANGE!

I just mind change that is either done poorly or is poorly explained.

Many posters to the classified have complained about problems attaching files.

I have had three BD members graciously offer to help me with a problem I have had, and none of them have been able to do so. One didn't know that in the old system you could do what I wanted to do. One said it was easy and came over to my house to show me how...he left an hour later more confused than I am. One tried it from his home and had the same problem.

Here it is...

Many people have been complaining about problems uploading photos to the classifieds. I have gone through all my settings to reduce pic sizes and even reduce quality.

The major problem I have is in attaching several pics at a time to a post. I used to be able to go to one of my files, single click all the pictures I wanted to attach, then double click any of the photos and they would bundle together and transfer. I can not make that work any more in spite of hours of trying. My friend is a computer expert (teaches it at a high school and does consulting on the side) and he can't make it work. I have to drag all pics individually.

I am temporarily visually impaired and trying to figure this stuff out is a nightmare. I, and several other BDrs, have noted that we can't find adequate instructive materials. I am 78 and definitely not as computer savvy as someone who grew up with computers, but I have a couple of Masters Degrees from good schools and am not a dummy.

There are other small problems, items I can't find, weird little things the site does on my I-phone (which I rarely use), etc, but I will eventually figure those out or just ignore them.
From the guys I know who have commented, the younger guys have made the transition easier than us seniors. Is there a tutorial available for the updated site?

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
You kids get off my damn lawn!

:)

The site HAD to be upgraded as we were 3 years behind in security updates.

This is probably the 5th time in 17 years we have had to upgrade like this.

This is the 5th time 50 people have lost their minds because they don't like change.

There are about half a million people that visit this site per month.

I hope we will survive.

Take a deep breath. It will all be ok.
So it's not personal?

Reactions: One_Leg

Hellosugaree

Would you like to see my member
Sep 6, 2019
San Francisco
Name
Timbo
Boat
13' Boston Whaler
Damn kids these days with their fancy typing machines. What is it with all these damn facetubes and instabooks? And what the hell was wrong with the phone book anyway? It took a whole 2 seconds to look up a number. Now you gotta spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to ask Jeeves for the damn number if you can even get the computer turned on in the first place. I never got a virus form my encyclopedia... wish I could say the same for the wikigram.

willit float

Jun 7, 2008
South Cal
Name
Em
Boat
20' Livesay Offshore Utility
The new format is fine, glad they got the ascending issue straightened out on next page. NOW only if they could figure out how to make better use of formatting the space on pages. I.E. tighten it up guys it not necessary to have all that wasted space on each reply and when we go to the next page the stuff at the top eats half the page. I know it’s free to use etc etc so save it. I also know the crew has to facilitate their paid sponsors and nothing is really free. So save that crap also. I will say that due to this I have cut my traffic to this site down by 95% and I’ll leave it at that. Everyone can see what I’m complaining about-it’s the huge spacing and headers, also spell check is too aggressive.......Mic drop I’m out!

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I have yet to try out this new iteration of BD on anything other than my phone.

I bet I will like it on a big screen too.