Outhouse

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
Pictures of fish are great, but there is so much more to Long Range trips than drowning a sardine. Here is but one such memory. I just wish I could figure a way to capture images and fish at the same time (don't want a GoPro).
image.jpg

Upvote 0

fishordie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
It was a particularly spectacular visual.

Jamie

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Jon thanks for posting. Those pictures are beautiful. One of the reasons I go long range fishing. Sometimes on these trips fishing just takes second place with pictures and memories like this.

Reactions: hilltop
Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
couldn't agree more Mr. Pop! the first time one sees those rocks, it's timeless and eternal. Thank you for sharing and moving some great memories forefront. We always make the best new friends on these trips with these incredible visual backdrops.......awesome stuff indeed.

Upvote 0

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
I love it! Long Ranging is not just about the fish in the hold or how big your pile is at the end of the trip...it's about the adventure...the people you meet...the break from work...the naps when ever you like....the amazing food...the stories you live and hear...the fish you catch and the fish you didn't catch...the day you were the hot ticket...the day you were the donkey...your friends you haven't seen since the same trip last year.....the interaction with the crew....the booze you drank...or didn't drink...the coffee in the morning...the smell of fresh salty air....the awesomeness of the adventure and not knowing what is going to happen!!!!!

View attachment 128.JPG

Fluck.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: backlashjack
Upvote 0

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
Shots like these can make a trip and be a reminder of great times had. From porpoise on the bow to the odd whale sighting, to hitting a pocket of Humboldt Squid while making bait, just being out there is a privilege. With that and the great friends we make along the way, catching fish is is a bonus. Here are a few of my favorite non-fishing pics:

Sunset as we round the North end of Cedros:

The Rocks, the first time I was there. Every bit as amazing as I had imagined, and I had to do five trips to finally get there.

Sunset behind rod racks. I gotta give JC (Wildman) credit for this one.

Just part of the reason I love long range fishing.

-Connor

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Shots like these can make a trip and be a reminder of great times had. From porpoise on the bow to the odd whale sighting, to hitting a pocket of Humboldt Squid while making bait, just being out there is a privilege. With that and the great friends we make along the way, catching fish is is a bonus. Here are a few of my favorite non-fishing pics:

Sunset as we round the North end of Cedros:

The Rocks, the first time I was there. Every bit as amazing as I had imagined, and I had to do five trips to finally get there.

Sunset behind rod racks. I gotta give JC (Wildman) credit for this one.

Just part of the reason I love long range fishing.

-Connor

Connor you get it……wise beyond your years.

Upvote 0

King Halibut

BigBoy
Sep 11, 2008
Buena Park, Calif
Name
Dave
Boat
none
Beautiful and good for the soul.

I had open heart surgery in both 2011 and again in 2012 and am greatfull to be alive, I'm not a religious man by any means but being on a long range trip, fishing, laughing being with friends and doing what you enjoy most including sitting on the top deck of the Excel watching the sun set against the "rocks" is truly a blessing.

I can't wait for October to get here.

KH

Upvote 0

fishordie

Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
This is one of the great memories Rene and Pat provided for me on this charter.... Just a wee bit of Zen for this angler. I normally do not like pictures of me but these I love as they take me back... Just a bit... Thank you Rene and Pat.

Jamie

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Anglewood
Upvote 0

Outhouse

Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
image.jpg
Jam
This is one of the great memories Rene and Pat provided for me on this charter.... Just a wee bit of Zen for this angler. I normally do not like pictures of me but these I love as they take me back... Just a bit... Thank you Rene and Pat.

Jamie, I cleaned up one just a bit. I think I'm a better photographer than fisherman

View attachment 624685

View attachment 624686
ue,

Upvote 0

fishordie

Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat