thomasfishing

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
It's been a while since I was able to go fishing. Buddy calls me Sunday and said lets go fishing. What the heck why not, but had to be home by noon for a Bbq. Launch out of HH at 5am. Nacho only had horse deans. Since my game plan was to get some reds opt for live squid but only San Pedro had it. Had do drive all the way down to San pedro and got the last scoop. How lucky was that! Shot out to the 150 high spot and start metering some fish. Found a ledge loaded with reds. Not a single Salmon grouper all day. Took us about a dozen drifts to get our limits of Nice reds. By then it about 9:30 am and weather was great. Other than some big rollers swell not bad. Still had time left and decided to head in and do some bass fishing. As I was getting ready to leave, I notice some birds activity about 100 yds away. As I got closer I notice a kelp patty the size of a small car. Look at my fish finder and saw some marks about 40 ft down and water temp was 66. my buddy and I fly line some live squid towards the kelp. Once the bait hit the water, we both hooked up. I couldn't believe it. I knew it had to be yellowtail and sure enough I land mine in short order but my buddy farmed his. Went back to the paddy but nobody else home. Another boat saw the action and move in. Not sure if they caught any. By then it was close to 11 and had to be home for the Family BBq. If time wasn't an issue, I would of kept looking for more paddy. Sorry for the late report but the fishing in my opinion can only get better.

Attachments

• DSC04169.jpg
    DSC04169.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC02302.jpg
    DSC02302.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego