Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
Pretty much the same thing he did when he resold the one he bought from Billy. Recouped some of his costs. I'm guessing he paid $150-200 for the Billy K price.
What??? Not even close. Air freight is an actual cost passed on to the consumer.

Whoever takes a $50 lure and sells it for $120, $150 or $200 to another fisherman in need are assholes.

You think BK could walk into in of those stores and buy Madmacs now? No fucking way the word is out about that guy. The fix? Get other assholes to buy them for you to game the system...

Fuckers...

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat Name
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I do have screenshots of everything
And yes @Blackfish sounds like you have the story right except for Melton canceling the order for 5 sardines .. they cancelled that one because I ordered 5 mackerel .. mistake in the system tripped out and I didn’t even know the payment actually went through for the first order
Are you saying you made the mistake of ordering Mackerel, instead of Sardine, causing your order to be cancelled?

Do BFT bite the Mackerel patterened MadMacs?

Reactions: flytie
Upvote 0

Chdiaz93

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2011
Bloomington CA
Name
Christian
Boat Name
24' Skipjack #Diazsportfishing
Are you saying you made the mistake of ordering Mackerel, instead of Sardine, causing your order to be cancelled?

Do BFT bite the Mackerel patterened MadMacs?
No I ordered sardine originally tried to pay with PayPal and it glitched out so went back to try again and sardine was sold out so I got mackerel instead that’s the only thing available atm and when checking out it didn’t give me the PayPal option anymore so I paid with my debit card and it went through. Few days later I call Melton to get a tracking update and he tells me they cancelled my sardine order but the mackerel are on the way. I wasn’t aware that the sardine order even went through… which I didn’t mind because I knew 5 was the limit and they did the right thing

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
No I ordered sardine originally tried to pay with PayPal and it glitched out so went back to try again and sardine was sold out so I got mackerel instead that’s the only thing available atm and when checking out it didn’t give me the PayPal option anymore so I paid with my debit card and it went through. Few days later I call Melton to get a tracking update and he tells me they cancelled my sardine order but the mackerel are on the way. I wasn’t aware that the sardine order even went through… which I didn’t mind because I knew 5 was the limit and they did the right thing
Just think you’re order got canceled,
Now you have money to buy more from Billy.

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
Just like everything else, supply and demand.
How much are the old Intruders going for? And how about Truline D8 or even Seeker ex/cex? Granted, they aren't made anymore. But it doesn't slow down demand.

What are these things going for? I mean if a Madmac can sell for $200...

IMG_0191.JPG

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
How much did BK offer to pay you for those 5 Sardine colored Madmacs anyway? I mean sardine is his "go to" color correct?

Hope you did not spend any of that $$$ that slipped right through your fingers...

Reactions: flytie and jer dog

Chdiaz93

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2011
Bloomington CA
Name
Christian
Boat Name
24' Skipjack #Diazsportfishing
How much did BK offer to pay you for those 5 Sardine colored Madmacs anyway? I mean sardine is his "go to" color correct?

Hope you did not spend any of that $$$ that slipped right through your fingers...
I think you should really go back and read my post I think a few people are miss understanding my post.

Reactions: Peteb
Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat Name
    Boats n hoes
    Hey BK...karma is a bitch bro. Maybe try shoving those 500 Madscad lures Tracy fucked you over with up your ass one at a time.

Trying to order 500 Madmacs so you could sell for your $200 you douchebag.

I bet the boys at Meltons are laughing their asses off at you fool as well as every other tackle shop.

How's that deal with Turners working out for you douche? LOL
    You do realize that post is a joke, right?

• Haha
    Reactions: Senor Rambone
    Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
  • Jul 19, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat Name
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    That is your opinion with nothing to back it. You simply don't believe his story. But so far there is nothing to disprove his claim. Hopefully, this will play out and we will all know the true facts. I wouldn't want some of you guys on my jury. LOL
    The Past is Prologue. Melton saw that coming down the pipe and stopped it in it's tracks(the gouging). I can see it being a free market and all but I don't like the price gouging. I was in Turners El Cajon a few weeks back and there were no Madmacs on the shelf. I asked Carl at the back counter when they would be in. He handed me two and said these are the last ones. Guy behind me was looking for them too. Asked if I needed both and I just handed him one. Karma came my way next trip out where I promptly lost a Dorado and two BFT at the boat(on bait).:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat Name
    24 ft grady white
    I find it funny that some people will not accept the facts but that’s fine to each there own. I have the proof and I’m on here to make people aware of what was done
    It appears we're aware of what you were really trying to do,make a buck off of some lures.Glad i'm not interested at all in these things.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Anonymous
    Boat Name
    None
    The Past is Prologue. Melton saw that coming down the pipe and stopped it in it's tracks(the gouging). I can see it being a free market and all but I don't like the price gouging. I was in Turners El Cajon a few weeks back and there were no Madmacs on the shelf. I asked Carl at the back counter when they would be in. He handed me two and said these are the last ones. Guy behind me was looking for them too. Asked if I needed both and I just handed him one. Karma came my way next trip out where I promptly lost a Dorado and two BFT at the boat(on bait).:rolleyes:

No good deed ever goes unpunished!

Reactions: lougio
    Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 19, 2008
    The Land of Entrapment
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat Name
    A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
    I still have a pallet of toilet paper that I’m selling at $10 a roll from the early days of Covid… Buy 2, get one free! (That was a sarcastic joke, btw).

Madmacs will be next years toilet paper..

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Anonymous
    Boat Name
    None
    I still have a pallet of toilet paper that I’m selling at $10 a roll from the early days of Covid… Buy 2, get one free! (That was a sarcastic joke, btw).

Madmacs will be next years toilet paper..

Billy K already has it for $250 per lure if you are interested.
    1660004528761.png

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts