Melanie is back on the salt!

bducky

• Jul 31, 2017
    elma
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    20 ft duckworth
    After a broken ankle in Oct. and surgery in Nov. in Feb. Melanie was on the mend and looking forward to spring fishing. In March after beginning to walk the dog (which is how she broke her ankle) she began to have issues with her legs and was admitted to St. Pete's in OIy. with paralysis below the waist. She was diagnosed with Gilliam-Barre syndrome, a disease that basically destroys your nervous system. After 8 days she was released to a long recovery with physical therapy. She was good to go for lake fishing in May, surprisingly to her doctors. But she is a determined person. We had a great summer catching killer dollies and cutthrout at Quinault and steelhead and cutts in Lake Wynoochee .After a trip in July for kings that was too rough for both of us once we got out there ( I couldn't work the deck without holding on to something in spite of a decent forecast!) and lots of questionable conditions later on we finally got out on Friday, she had a ball, we landed 11 fish in an hour and a half, released all but four and had a quick trip in with the flattest water we've seen out there. Glad to have my best fishing partner back. Going out again on Tuesday before they shut it down.

Melanie's 1st salmon 2021.jpg

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GREAT report, glad you're both BACK out.
    I'm recovering from thumb CMC joint
    fusion surgery...missed the summer here
    in socal. Old parts wearing out sucks! LOL

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    Awesome Bob. Great to see Melanie catch.
    Keep us posted with trips and catches.
    A-team.
    Rides again!!!

Upvote 0

Latest posts