Warwick

Do You Like To Fonzanoon?
Jun 10, 2006
Santee
Name
Dan
Boat
No Mas Boat
Probably the best hunting show out there is now on Netflix. "MeatEater" - Unfortunately it's only seasons 5 & 6. But none the less it is great! The Bolivia episodes, Idaho Mule Deer, Sandhill Crane, and Wisconsin White-Tail episodes were my favorite.

Vermonster

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
I wonder if I can get that. I have access to Netflix, but I guess it's some sort of subscription where I can get series or something, but not feature flicks. Not sure, I'll give it a try. Never watch it......

45king

Jig slinger/arrow flinger
May 29, 2005
Sd/Oc
Name
danny
Boat
bw montauk
Watched both seasons yesterday! Pretty damn awesome

sdreefsurf

Sep 1, 2006
San Diego
Name
lance
Boat
1 Day
Probably the best hunting show out there is now on Netflix. "MeatEater" - Unfortunately it's only seasons 5 & 6. But none the less it is great! The Bolivia episodes, Idaho Mule Deer, Sandhill Crane, and Wisconsin White-Tail episodes were my favorite.
I haven't hunted since I was a kid on my grandparent's farm (4 decades). But, I've seen every episode of all seasons! This is the best hunting show! No private property hunting from a blind 50' from the road in. Nope, this is all about brutal trekking the great outdoors, long hours of glassing, maybe getting a shot, field dressing and care, meat prep. and cooking, and reflecting on what it all means.
If you like it then give an honest review on NetFlix so that we can get all of the episodes!

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
Great show. I really enjoy it.

Our editor for Local Knowledge works on that show as well. High quality stuff.

elevated

Sacred Pursuit GS
Jun 29, 2010
Honolulu, Hi
Name
Lucas
Boat
The Lone Reeler
My favorite hunting show, probably the only one I watch since I don't have cable. I mean I could be totally wrong and Rinella could be a total sell out, but the fact that he puts out episodes where he DOESN'T get the kill says something to me.

el Toro

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 19, 2003
Point Loma
Name
Nate
Boat
Artemis
Even my wife will watch that show. Rinella is what we need more of in the public eye. IMO, he's our best spokesman. Articulate, educated and not off putting.

jimikinz

Jul 10, 2003
Meeker, CO
Name
Jim
Boat
None
Yah I like that guy. He seems to have a well thought-out philosophy, and is able to articulate it effectively. Unfortunately we as a group are perpetually in the defensive these days, and guys like him are good for us.

My personal pet-peeve (which I know means nothing) is the "whack em and stack em", "bone collector", et al goofballs...he's kind of the anti-that.

Plus I picked up a couple good recipes!

Reactions: LeeMajors

Knightnsd

May 26, 2009
Rancho San Diego California
Name
Edward
Boat
19 ft striper
thanks got tired of cox cable and expiring specials on my channels and missed some of the programs I had, just found Meat eater and hard lines (fishing) on Netflix as well

el Toro

Feb 19, 2003
Point Loma
Name
Nate
Boat
Artemis
My personal pet-peeve (which I know means nothing) is the "whack em and stack em", "bone collector", et al goofballs...he's kind of the anti-that.
AMEN to that! And the country bumpkin in front of the camera who can't compose a sentence without completely butchering the English language.

Reactions: jimikinz

Vermonster

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Damn, just watched it for the first time this weekend after seeing this post..... My boys and I watched 8 or so episodes....... LOL

Great show, love the video quality, their attitude about hunting, etc........

Chompot

Mar 27, 2010
Colorado
Name
Nick
Boat
Float Tube
Glad some of you guys are getting into this. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode up to current.

His books are great as well. I recommend you read them all. I burned through them.

My wife and I met him and talked with him for a good hour. Stand up guy. Great for sportsman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimikinz

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
I noticed it on NF but passed it by thinking I wouldn't care for it. Now, after reading this thread, I cant wait to get started on it :) Thanks guys !

ryanm

Cracker
Oct 12, 2004
alta loma, california
Name
ryan
Boat
19,seaswirl, crackers
He has a great pod cast as well. Dives even deeper in to detail of the animals, the ecosystems they live in, how they all interact....

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
Apr 6, 2010
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Tiara Pursuit
Don't have NF and haven't heard of this show before but now I got to find it.

Thanks for the heads up

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Only on NF? I have been in the woods :D

kenton

Aug 16, 2016
ketchum ID
Name
kenton carruth
Boat
none
Glad to hear the positive feedback on Meateater. Steve is the real deal. Been lurking on here for a couple months great site. I think Steve should do a spear fishing episode.

Last edited:

Hotroddin

Feb 15, 2012
FC Colorado
Name
Matt Riddell
Boat
Fish Cat 4 "Seafood"
I pretty much never watch hunting shows anymore but I marathoned both seasons this weekend. Good show, has me wanting to find some cranes this fall.

Reactions: Warwick