Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Shilshole was crowded but not too bad. There never was a real bite, we picked up these 2 over 4 hours. Some nets out but it was a pick. Whole fleet including charters was from Oil Docks to West Point in 400' trolling around.

Green label, 2 oz lead. Heading out again tomorrow but wonder of the rain has shut them down.

Tight Lines.

IMG_3169.jpg

CodigoRojo

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 21, 2017
Seattle
Name
Rick
Boat
Arima 17
I've been trolling around Meadow Point the past couple weeks about every other day since I live right up the hill from the launch. Seems like the bite is never really ON there. I've managed to pick up a couple nice fish every other trip, but the other half of the time I get no bites at all. Marking tons of fish on the sonar though. Mostly running white/cop car spoons tipped with herring strips but recently started using a herring clip spinner thing with about the same success. A lot less shakers running a whole herring. I wonder if the smoke/fog has affected feeding behavior. Now we've got the rain to top it off. Who knows what the weekend will be like. I'll be out there... or the oil docks, or Jeff Head... Just watch for the dirty bayliner pulling crazy ivans.

bifish99

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 7, 2006
Washington
Name
Chip goodhue
Boat
22' C-dory
Little strip works wonders when fish are picky.

Yesterday sucked for us and I did not see a net fly (albeit in the fog!). Day before a good bite for most....that seems to be the pattern. Seems like plenty of fish at CQ, so should continue to be shots of fish coming by....

Reactions: Siv

Siv

May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Fished the same area today ( north of West Point to Meadow Point ) and kept one nicer fish around 8 and lost a bigger one. LOTS of boats out there from West Point as far north as visibility allowed you to see. Every manner of craft from kayaks to 60' yachts to pontoon party barges are trolling around in 500' of water. Better fishing than I expected after the barometer drop and T storms last night.

Tight Lines

Reactions: Tish and EJ Swanny

Session

Jul 27, 2019
Seattle
Name
Tom
Boat
2019 Outback
Tons of boats today. Converted 2 in a 2 minute spell, that was it in 5 hours fishing. Both were hit just after popping clip to check tackle for weeds, other folks I talked to similar, a reaction bite. Friday short session slow too. Nothing like the pre-smoke action there, which was awesome

Mrfitter

Jun 15, 2020
PNW
Name
Jason
Boat
Seasport
I guess we were lucky yesterday me and the wife got our limits . Three on a reaction bite as Session stated one was a 9lb 10oz . Today we pulled in two 6lb . We have been primarily fishing slightly north of the oil docks to Edmonds Marina white and green hoochie with herring strips secret flasher 70 on the wire .

Reactions: PHW and Siv

KaiChung

Aug 10, 2009
Newcastle/WA/USA
Name
Kai
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 28.5
Got 2 this morning. Bite was OK. Saw a few other people catch fish. Around Shishole. But with the weather blowing in for the next week, I kindof wonder if the fat lady is singing.

Mrfitter

Jun 15, 2020
PNW
Name
Jason
Boat
Seasport
Was out from 6 to 11 and struck out didn’t see a net fly . It was a little rough out there. Might make it out tomorrow should be a better day weather wise.

WilliamNZ

Feb 26, 2018
Seattle WA
Name
William
Boat
17' Boston Whaler
Got one at West Point before it got sloppy. Stuck it out till 11. Didn't sound like many had been landed by the time we came in.

Session

Jul 27, 2019
Seattle
Name
Tom
Boat
2019 Outback
Fished 5-730pm tonight, only 1 small and a couple of shakers. Good squidding from boat for the next hour, in 30-60 fow in front of beach

CodigoRojo

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 21, 2017
Seattle
Name
Rick
Boat
Arima 17
I've tried the evening tide around Shilshole several times this summer with similar to worse results. Most of the time it gets too windy to fish in the afternoon anyway but sometimes if I miss the morning show and it's a nice sunny calm evening it's too tempting to give it a shot. One of these times I'm gonna have to try squidding. Thanks for the tip. Can you do that in the dark? I thought they were attracted to the lights on the pier.

KaiChung

Aug 10, 2009
Newcastle/WA/USA
Name
Kai
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 28.5
I was around Shishole yesterday. It was pretty uncomfortable. Didn't get anything. Didn't see anyone else get anything. Creel report seems to be .75 fish per boat for A10. Going to give it a shot this morning. At least it will be nice out there.

Session

Jul 27, 2019
Seattle
Name
Tom
Boat
2019 Outback
Quick update, this morning very good. 2 limits in about 2 hours. Checker said out of first 14 boats 12 limits. Today’s flavor was purple haze flasher and double glow ace hi with 18” leader, no bananas flasher and herring aide ace hi. Strips. 80’ and 100’ cable in 200 (early)-320-400 (later) fow. Get some!

Kokanee1

May 15, 2014
Name
Mike
Boat
18 Stryker
Quick update, this morning very good. 2 limits in about 2 hours. Checker said out of first 14 boats 12 limits. Today’s flavor was purple haze flasher and double glow ace hi with 18” leader, no bananas flasher and herring aide ace hi. Strips. 80’ and 100’ cable in 200 (early)-320-400 (later) fow. Get some!
Any size to your coho?

Session

Jul 27, 2019
Seattle
Name
Tom
Boat
2019 Outback
I've tried the evening tide around Shilshole several times this summer with similar to worse results. Most of the time it gets too windy to fish in the afternoon anyway but sometimes if I miss the morning show and it's a nice sunny calm evening it's too tempting to give it a shot. One of these times I'm gonna have to try squidding. Thanks for the tip. Can you do that in the dark? I thought they were attracted to the lights on the pier.
We brought a rechargeable work light and mounted it off the side. Another boat there with a major light, they were crushing it. First time out this season, usually on the piers. Recent reports showing people limiting (10#/person) most nights on docks so it is good now. Some of the reports folks limiting w/o lights which is rare. Squid a little smaller this time if year, but they are 30 seconds from boat ramps, pretty fun. Also good off of Don Armeni by the water taxi dock

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
Indianola & Browns Point
Name
kwik_wurk
Boat
Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
Yes, went solo and started very very early. First bite at 7, last one at 8:45. Yet somehow I went 0 for 5. 3 of them lost within 8’ of the boat once they started doing the coho thrashing thing. Which is fine, happy to get out and play and not have zero life and zero take downs. (Giving my fish to away anyways.). So the action is still there (~30 min a fish while the bite was on) for whatever reason not my best day of finishing.

Screen looked like this for the better part of the AM:
7F00110E-01C1-4561-A411-9F947FFA433E.jpeg

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
How did you not hook up immediately upon the drop with a sounder looking like that!?!

Bummer on the 0 for 5. I had the cold hand today too.