fishman27

Don’t know
Mar 15, 2008
Dana Point
Name
Matt Vander Dussen
Boat Name
19.5 Chaparel Striker
My dad and I fished MDR to try and get some of the Cud that have been biting there lately. We definitely suceeded. By 11 we had caught around 50 Cuda between the two of us so we headed in around 11:45. First bite was down by the tankers, there were birds everywhere and everything we threw got bit instantly. That died off, and the fleet moved north and found the cuda again and had a steady bite for a long time. All of them were over 7 pounds. Pretty much got em all on 7x and 7x jrs. They bit the crocodile and other random surface irons too. It was a very fun day, got to break in my Newell 220 too. Great way to take a day off from school if you ask me!

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 34
  • resize 1.jpg
    resize 1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 41
  • resize 2.jpg
    resize 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 38
  • resize 3.jpg
    resize 3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

DONNIE SD

Class on Wednesday
Jan 19, 2009
Santee,CA
Name
Allen
What a way to break in new tackle... i have a couple new sticks to break in this season, but for me new tackle is usually a gooch! them will make some pretty rose bushes..

Upvote 0

hunster

May 5, 2005
canyon country
Name
hun lee
Boat Name
none
whoa whoa whoa...hold a gosh darn min...u played hooky...literally!...those were the days !!...well done...and pullin on something besides rockfish is a bonus...

Upvote 0

fishman27

Don’t know
Mar 15, 2008
Dana Point
Name
Matt Vander Dussen
Boat Name
19.5 Chaparel Striker
whoa whoa whoa...hold a gosh darn min...u played hooky...literally!...those were the days !!...well done...and pullin on something besides rockfish is a bonus...

Yeah my old man is a school teacher so we both played hooky:D

And it was awesome to pull on something other than rock fish, I am sick of pulling on rockfish I am ready for summer!!

Upvote 0

hunster

May 5, 2005
canyon country
Name
hun lee
Boat Name
none
hahah...cheater!!!..me and my boys used to head up to cisco's when it used to be open 24hrs after class/dinner...we'd get there about 9ish/10...sit in the shop and "study"..not..never happened...we'd be tossin plastics all around the docks for sandies n calis n etc....then we'd borrow a crowder, chunk some chovies and catch a full 10scoops of brownbait/mini macs for the boat....catch a nap on the 2hr trip across and back..fish all day....the best o times...

Upvote 0

fishman27

Don’t know
Mar 15, 2008
Dana Point
Name
Matt Vander Dussen
Boat Name
19.5 Chaparel Striker
hahah...cheater!!!..me and my boys used to head up to cisco's when it used to be open 24hrs after class/dinner...we'd get there about 9ish/10...sit in the shop and "study"..not..never happened...we'd be tossin plastics all around the docks for sandies n calis n etc....then we'd borrow a crowder, chunk some chovies and catch a full 10scoops of brownbait/mini macs for the boat....catch a nap on the 2hr trip across and back..fish all day....the best o times...

That sounds like a ton of fun.

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat Name
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
Great job on the gars! Nice to take a day off too! Weather didn't look bad in the pics. I was out there on Sunday and it was BLOWING.

Upvote 0

PacificPredator

Captain
Dec 9, 2010
LBC
Name
Brad
Boat Name
29' Phoenix Sportfisher
nice report, thanks

Upvote 0