MB Launch ramp under attack again

aztec23

• Aug 18, 2017
    North County SD
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Wellcraft 18 CC
    In an article in Monday mornings SD Union a nimby group wants to dump the homeless rvs into the south shores launch ramp
    parking lot. Even now it’s a disaster zone of shit filled bathrooms and low life trash hanging around this lot. If these turds who advocate using our launch ramp as a homeless encampment have their way you can kiss off an important access for fishermen and sportsman to the bay!

1531862A-C1B6-4433-89F6-12ACC21B2FC9.jpeg

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    UGH! I typically use Dana Landing myself but these dudes will hop on their bicycles and go searching all around for what they can pilfer. I’ve caught a few of them helping themselves to peoples truck beds while parked at the ramp.

Upvote 0

Killin n grillin

x-h20 certified
    Jun 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    87 Montauk ,Grady 180
    Not a good place for them ,I have sympathy for their misfortune but I also pay my taxes and want to enjoy the perks, such as being able to launch at a great location such as South Shores without all the lot lizards .Dana is about the same #sketchy marina lot.San Diego with all it's coastline does not have even close to enough public water access IMO.

Reactions: lougio and aztec23
    Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 10, 2012
    Lodi, CA
    Name
    Henry Bouldin
    Boat
    14 Gregor - Tinacious
    I love how the one woman who lives in fear of citations in her car calls herself a "Pacific Beach resident." These bums don't want to go stay in the safe lots in Kearney Mesa or Mission Valley, they want to live at the beach for free!

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Really a sad situation for Boaters and tax paying people to use this area..
    those drifters and homeless are making South Shores Facility unsafe and theft ridden.

Reactions: aztec23
    Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    Alpine
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
    The new normal; After 65 years I left Pacific Beach - tired of all the crap you have to deal with. There are probably very few legitimate hard luck stories out there and as previously posted, using prime locations/facilities is just idiotic.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Such a bad idea.Give them Fiesta Island before you let them ruin a nice launch ramp.Better yet,let them have the Convention center.

Upvote 0
    Mar 11, 2006
    san diego
    Name
    curt ljungquist
    Boat
    22 sea cat/16 klamath
    Do people even think before pos
    Such a bad idea.Give them Fiesta Island before you let them ruin a nice launch ramp.Better yet,let them have the Convention center.
    Do people even think before posting, just saying.

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    Some really stupid politicians. Bonnen from LA was on TV tonight saying the city needs to purchase hotels, motels, & apt buildings in all costal cities to provide free housing for the homeless.

How about each homeless provide a few answers or be humanly evaluated?

Do you have an illness, mental, physical and to what degree? Perhaps a test is in order.

If not, Why are you living on the street?

Alcohol , drugs - street / former or current prescription painkiller, mental health drugs or lack of them, brain is already toast ...

Education or job readiness an issue preventing you from actually working?

Motivation. Self help has diminished ?

Pure economic, perhaps due to a temporary situation, or longer term issues.

I have never heard of such a process to actually evaluate the reasons so they can actually be properly addressed.

However, buying them or providing a room without them earning remuneration, unless actually deemed mentally ill or physically unable, will never work.

I’ve spoken with many over the years on my walks here in OC.

Current & former Alcohol abuse, drug abuse and lack of motivation was a common thread.

Take Billy, the x pro surfer, whom lives in the bushes at the River Jetties for the past two decades. He will tell you he is a hard core drinker. His mother and grandmother each own multimillion dollars homes a mile or so away, he doesn’t want to be a burden, they have tried for years to bridge his pain, buy him clothes, pay for hospital visits., provide a room.

But Billy will look you in the eyes and say that drinking and hanging by the bushes and the view of the river jetties where he once ruled the waves call him.

Where or what do you do about the “Billies” of our world? We could pitch in / taxes to pay for a roof over his head, and he’d walk away from it even in the cold of winter.

I volunteer locally providing construction support to a few churches that run programs, some of them try to unravel and support a road back for individuals.

What is a bit frustrating is when work needs to be done, volunteers are leaned on and most utilizing these services don’t raise a hand to help....

Money should come from alcohol manufacturers, not by taxing buyers.

Money should come from the “ pain killer “ pharmacy manufacturers, not by them increasing prices.

Our society needs to build and open and operate humane mental health facilities.

We need to end the free rides for people that could be capable to help themselves.

Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
    Jun 21, 2009
    So Cal
    Name
    Hey you
    Boat
    245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
    I've been a plumber by trade for more than 35 years. When I say I've got an iron gut and nothing bothers me, I mean nothing!

Last time I had to use the restroom down there, I was literally dry heaving from what I saw...

Shit ain't right!

Upvote 0

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
    Brookings, Southern Oregon
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21 Arima Ranger 'HogFish'
    as far as I am concerned they should all be rounded up and put in camps in the nevada desert and sorted out into categories of lifers, rehab possibilties and people who need to be helped. Kind of like what we do with stray domestic pets. fuck em it was their choice so why should we pay for it?

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

• Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    Damn that sucks if you launch from there guarantee you’ll come back to a broken window at best.

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    how is this gonna end? are we eventually gonna have to break out the ar's? In Portland oregon right now if your car is stolen the cops wont do anything about it cause their boss says its an insurance problem. Where I live, as far away from that shit as you can get, there are some people who have set up permanent camp on forest service land and the sheriffs/fs rangers wont hassle them cause they act nuts and are armed. they will just hassle me for cutting firewood without a permit.

Upvote 0

bobafet1

May 17, 2021
    Southern California
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Scout 235 XSF
    how is this gonna end? are we eventually gonna have to break out the ar's? In Portland oregon right now if your car is stolen the cops wont do anything about it cause their boss says its an insurance problem. Where I live, as far away from that shit as you can get, there are some people who have set up permanent camp on forest service land and the sheriffs/fs rangers wont hassle them cause they act nuts and are armed. they will just hassle me for cutting firewood without a permit.
    isn't that one of those "defund the police" areas? I can see why cops won't lift a finger. I would let the people lay in their own crap too.

It'll end when folks take better care of their kids so they don't raise criminals/drug abusers/etc. But, mental illness is mental illness.

I guess we can now thank Biden for the issues that are coming after all these "cash kids" start growing up.

Sorry, didn't mean to get political.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was an uprising.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    The way i see it we have 2 choices,either learn to deal with it or move somewhere else where its not as acceptable.
    The political party that is currently running california has NO plans to deal with it besides giving them more of your tax dollars to squander.

Upvote 0

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
    Proudly American
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    canoe & plastic flotsam
    Re-introduce the CCC like in Pres. Trumans Depression era. they get pay, food and board while improving the nations infrastructure. if they dont want in, stop the benefits. There are many who would do this and take pride in the job and Nation.

Upvote 0

Tesoro

Sep 5, 2015
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    The way i see it we have 2 choices,either learn to deal with it or move somewhere else where its not as acceptable.
    The political party that is currently running california has NO plans to deal with it besides giving them more of your tax dollars to squander.
    If yu find a place to move where this shit is not acceptable that has an ocean and is liveable year around then let me know!!

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    Alpine
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
    I just saw this photo on news about how the Department of Transportation (CalTrans) has given a "Notice To Vacate" from freeway area in National City....do 'em a favor and just shit-can it!
    A few months ago I saw an official San Diego City sign posted above a pile of clothes left in the center median by "homeless" that the materials would be removed in 2 weeks.....just think how much that cost taxpayers to facilitate that process....

1621463451979.png

Upvote 0