captainpound

Cow Town Addict
Sep 17, 2004
Chula Vista/La Cruz
Name
Peter
Boat
32' Blackfin "Maya", 23' Neptune "Captain Pound"
It's been a long road. My wife Rocio and I are the proud owners of a new to us 32' Blackfin "Maya". She is slipped in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit. Our captain is her father, long time resident Alberto Ramos, He has 40 years experience in the local waters and has fished more days than any man I know. We've killed alot of fish together. This journey has been alot of work, but well worth it. Like they say "if I knew then, what I know now....." I still would have done this. Maya is flaged as a Mexican vessel. I will post up more on her adventures in the coming months. We did fish over the July 4th weekend with friends and family,We did good on her maiden voyage, I caught the first fish, small for PV standards, but good fish.

Attachments

lilharcher

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 28, 2004
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
Champion 188
Nice ride and first catch Pete! Looking forward to more of your reports.

Blackfins are tough to beat down there....or anywhere.

Fishingtail

Fishingtail
Mar 7, 2006
Oceanside
Name
Bob
Boat
18', Seaswirl CC, Fishingtail
Very nice boat, congrat's. Are you going to run a charter or is it a PB in paradise?:cheers:

svue

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 7, 2004
Huntington Beach
Name
Vue
Boat
Everglade 290
nice blackfin. I really wanted one, but the wife didn't like the cabin.

zigzag

Captain
Aug 6, 2005
PV / Mexico
Name
Dave
Boat
BERTRAM 35
Both, why not have it all?
Hows the back???I really felt bad about the swim step.Man that thing is an ass buster for sure.Sorry.Good luck with the ride.Its a beauty.Dont ever buy anything for the motors man I have carbs NEW msd marine stuff manifolds.I have a garage full of big block chevy stuff.See ya over labor day.

captainpound

Cow Town Addict
Sep 17, 2004
Chula Vista/La Cruz
Name
Peter
Boat
Hows the back???I really felt bad about the swim step.Man that thing is an ass buster for sure.Sorry.Good luck with the ride.Its a beauty.Dont ever buy anything for the motors man I have carbs NEW msd marine stuff manifolds.I have a garage full of big block chevy stuff.See ya over labor day.
I'm healing up OK. Yea, I sure busted my ass. I think you need some sliica sand in your varnish. The worst part about it was, I drove home the next morning. I'll keep you in mind on the parts.

ALUMINATOR

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 16, 2003
North San Diego County
caspsolutions.com
Name
Dennis
Boat
27' self built
I'm healing up OK. Yea, I sure busted my ass. I think you need some sliica sand in your varnish. The worst part about it was, I drove home the next morning. I'll keep you in mind on the parts.
So now I know who it was that fell. I was on the phone with Dave and heard the whole thing before he hung up... Good to hear you are OK.

Nice looking Blackfin and I wish you all the best!

zigzag

Captain
Aug 6, 2005
PV / Mexico
Name
Dave
Boat
BERTRAM 35
So now I know who it was that fell. I was on the phone with Dave and heard the whole thing before he hung up... Good to hear you are OK.

Nice looking Blackfin and I wish you all the best!
man he had a pretty good gash on his back.Not deep but a little long.HUMMMM gash that brings uh got it FERNANDA!!!!!!!!!!

Team Subway

May 9, 2005
Poway
Name
Gregg
Boat
Chapparal 20'
Damn beautiful boat Pete, hopefully I can get down there and fish it one day. Good luck with the new business.

captainpound

Cow Town Addict
Sep 17, 2004
Chula Vista/La Cruz
Name
Peter
Boat
Congrats Mr. and Mrs. H,
May all of your expectations be met...
Regards,
Steven

Damn beautiful boat Pete, hopefully I can get down there and fish it one day. Good luck with the new business.
Thanks Guys, You both are always Welcome to come down and fish, But you know, you'll probably have to bring Dean with you.

mercado

Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Hi, Pete very nice looking blackfin! Can't wait to get down to PV and knock the shit out of the tuna.Pete I have some friends that would like to charter your boat ,they would like to know how much it would cost per day and how too contact you.They are heading down November 20th-26th. I'am Looking forward to fishing with you in the near future Good luck with your new charter business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercado

captainpound

Cow Town Addict
Sep 17, 2004
Chula Vista/La Cruz
Name
Peter
Boat
Hi, Pete very nice looking blackfin! Can't wait to get down to PV and knock the shit out of the tuna.Pete I have some friends that would like to charter your boat ,they would like to know how much it would cost per day and how too contact you.They are heading down November 20th-26th. I'am Looking forward to fishing with you in the near future Good luck with your new charter business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercado
Here is some info, I'll get you some fliers soon and the web site will be running in the near future.

Maya Ocean Adventures

Maya Ocean Adventures is a family based operation, Owned and operated by my wife Rocio, daughter Maya and I, Peter. Feel safe and secure bringing along the family or just fishing with the guys. Fishing has always been one of my passions and I would like to share it with you. Maya is a 32' Blackfin Yacht powered by twin 7.4L Mercruiser 330 horsepower clean gas engines (no diesel smell). We cruise at about 20-22 knots, with her deep V hull and large trim tabs; she offers a smooth dry ride to and from the fishing grounds. Ride up top with the Captain, or take a nap inside on the bed or outside on the padded engine covers. With a full array of modern electronics we will surely find the fish as well as offer safe passage while under way. Along with the electronics we carry a full line of safety equipment including 12 PFDs and an inflatable life raft for your safety

Our captain, Rocio’s father, Alberto Ramos has over 40 years local knowledge of the area, and is in constant contact with all the local sport fishing captains, as well with the local commercial fisherman to keep up with the latest news of where the fish are and what they are biting. Whether you’re looking to tangle with Black or Blue Marlin, Sailfish, Giant Yellow fin tuna, colorful Dorado and Pargo offshore or hard fighting Rooster fish and Jack Crevalle inshore, we have the local knowledge to deliver your dream fish.

Fishing for 4 people, 8 hrs. In and around Banderas Bay $750.00. Offshore 10 hrs. Roca Corbetena $950.00. Offshore 12 hrs. El Banco $1150.00. To the edge of the Island boundary chasing Giant Yellow fin Tuna on Porpoise $1350.00

We offer only the finest in fishing equipment, Penn International Lever drag, Penn International Torque and Shimano reels, Cal Star, Seeker fishing rods, Owner, Eagle Claw, Mustad Circle hooks in 4/0 5/0 6/0 7/0 8/0 9/0 10/0 11/0 12/0 sizes, Power Pro Braid, Jerry Brown Hollow Spectra, Seaguar Fluorocarbon, Yo-Zuri Pink Fluorocarbon and P-Line fishing line and leader material, Stand up harness and plates by Braid, Aftco kite. Maya is equipped with a live well that will hold 30-40 baits alive all day, she also has 6 Tuna tubes for those big baits, you know what they say “ big bait, big fish”

For your taste buds, a case of beer, half case of soft drinks, sufficient bottled drinking water and your choice of American or Mexican lunch and snacks. We also have on board soy sauce and wasabi, if you just can’t wait.

My number is 619 403 4308

Thank You for Your Interest
Peter

mercado

Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Here is some info, I'll get you some fliers soon and the web site will be running in the near future.

Maya Ocean Adventures

Maya Ocean Adventures is a family based operation, Owned and operated by my wife Rocio, daughter Maya and I, Peter. Feel safe and secure bringing along the family or just fishing with the guys. Fishing has always been one of my passions and I would like to share it with you. Maya is a 32' Blackfin Yacht powered by twin 7.4L Mercruiser 330 horsepower clean gas engines (no diesel smell). We cruise at about 20-22 knots, with her deep V hull and large trim tabs; she offers a smooth dry ride to and from the fishing grounds. Ride up top with the Captain, or take a nap inside on the bed or outside on the padded engine covers. With a full array of modern electronics we will surely find the fish as well as offer safe passage while under way. Along with the electronics we carry a full line of safety equipment including 12 PFDs and an inflatable life raft for your safety

Our captain, Rocio’s father, Alberto Ramos has over 40 years local knowledge of the area, and is in constant contact with all the local sport fishing captains, as well with the local commercial fisherman to keep up with the latest news of where the fish are and what they are biting. Whether you’re looking to tangle with Black or Blue Marlin, Sailfish, Giant Yellow fin tuna, colorful Dorado and Pargo offshore or hard fighting Rooster fish and Jack Crevalle inshore, we have the local knowledge to deliver your dream fish.

Fishing for 4 people, 8 hrs. In and around Banderas Bay $750.00. Offshore 10 hrs. Roca Corbetena $950.00. Offshore 12 hrs. El Banco $1150.00. To the edge of the Island boundary chasing Giant Yellow fin Tuna on Porpoise $1350.00

We offer only the finest in fishing equipment, Penn International Lever drag, Penn International Torque and Shimano reels, Cal Star, Seeker fishing rods, Owner, Eagle Claw, Mustad Circle hooks in 4/0 5/0 6/0 7/0 8/0 9/0 10/0 11/0 12/0 sizes, Power Pro Braid, Jerry Brown Hollow Spectra, Seaguar Fluorocarbon, Yo-Zuri Pink Fluorocarbon and P-Line fishing line and leader material, Stand up harness and plates by Braid, Aftco kite. Maya is equipped with a live well that will hold 30-40 baits alive all day, she also has 6 Tuna tubes for those big baits, you know what they say “ big bait, big fish”

For your taste buds, a case of beer, half case of soft drinks, sufficient bottled drinking water and your choice of American or Mexican lunch and snacks. We also have on board soy sauce and wasabi, if you just can’t wait.

My number is 619 403 4308

Thank You for Your Interest
Peter
Pete ,Thanks for the info I will pass it a long.

Mercado