not cool

Maui Surf Fishing Help?

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Fishing Reports Forum' started by Primetime1234, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Primetime1234

Primetime1234 Newbie

Name:
    Nathan
    Boat:
    Blue Fox
    Hello,

I will be visiting north west Maui around June. I was just wanting to know if anyone could give me some suggestions on types of set up and lures that would work?

I have a hand full of spoons, 3-5 inch swim baits, and some smaller top water baits (2-4inches). I plan of useing 3/8 oz jig heads for my swim baits and maybe some carolina rigs also.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PT

2. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Bring it all if never hurts. Then when you get here talk to the onshore fisherman, its pretty obvious who they are. Also, Maui Sporting Goods in Wailuku, on Market street is also a good resource. Tightlines, Deliman

3. Primetime1234

Primetime1234 Newbie

Name:
    Nathan
    Boat:
    Blue Fox
    Ok thanks. I will look where Maui Sporting Goods is and I will try and stop by. I also was planning on chartering a boat for a day. You wouldn't happen to know which boats crew are good would you? I know most of the boats are located in Lahaina I won't be to far away from that.

4. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Nathan,

Use your lures near ledges and deep channels. There are way more fish there than in shallow water with a flat bottom. Also, just casting out a piece of squid can be productive but you are more likely to catch rubbish fish. Since you mentioned getting offshore, check out our reports at www.bloodydecks.com/startmeup. June, like the rest of summer months, can be a good time for ono and marlin.

Jonny

5. Primetime1234

Primetime1234 Newbie

Name:
    Nathan
    Boat:
    Blue Fox
    I will pull up some maps and see if I can find some spots before I take my trip to Maui. The reports looked good. Looks like a lot of good quality fish get brought back. Im looking forward to it.