Maui in April?

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by CoachLo, Feb 4, 2011.

1. CoachLo

CoachLo Baitman

Name:
    Marc
    Boat:
    16', Smoker Craft, -
    Headed to Maui April 1st for 10 days and would like advise on where and if maybe who to fish with. Tried around the same time 4 years ago and ended up going out for a day of "boating". Shore? Spear? Charter? I am open to any alternative that doen't have me cooking up just myself at the end of the day. Thanks in advance.

2. tossmeatuna

tossmeatuna ...................

Name:
    Tommy
    Boat:
    I'M HEADING THERE ON MAY 27TH FOR ABOUT A WEEK TO FISH/SPEARO/SCUBA. WAS THERE LAST YEAR AROUND BEGINNING OF APRIL AND TROLLED FOR 8 HOURS FOR NADA.......COMING INTO THE BAY, WE HOOKED A 32# ONO(WAHOO) WHICH I SASHIMI'D THAT NIGHT, AND THE REST WERE PAN FRIED/BBQ'D. TOOK A LONG ASS RIDE OUT TO THE BUOY, TO LOOK FOR SOME YELLOWS FOR NADA.
    HEARD THE ACTION STARTS END OF APRIL/MAY, BUT THEY DON'T LIKE TO MENTION THIS BEFORE THEY GET YOU ON THE BOAT. SO DON'T LET THEM HYPE YOU UP, CAUSE I CHARTERED TWO YEARS IN A ROW IN EARLY APRIL FOR ONE FISH EACH TRIP. SO WE VACATION IN HAWAII NO EARLIER THAN MAY NOW.

3. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Marc and Tommy,

Check out our reports from April and May of last year at www.bloodydecks.com/startmeup. That should give you a pretty good idea of what can come in during those months.

Jonny

4. CoachLo

CoachLo Baitman

Name:
    Marc
    Boat:
    16', Smoker Craft, -
    Thanks for all the information, but the score is still tied on the success board. Might be good, might be bad. I guess that's why it's called fishing and not catching. More homework to do.