Mateo's first Marlin and many footballs.

Discussion in 'Mainland Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Juan, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Juan

Juan Member

Name:
    Juan Munoz
    Boat:
    24' Grady White
    After our last fishing trip to Panama we decided to take the Bosco out and go check out the tuna bite, we had been hearing of spinners 10 miles prior to El Banco so we went for a day of fun looking for piles of dolphin. We had some numbers from a friend and we got there and there where the dolphins, we worked then for some time and got 6 footballs out them which was great fun for the kids, even had one double and many came unhooked. Kids where having a blast and were we!! around 1400hrs we were casting live caballitos in to the birds feeding frenzy and Mateo hooked up to a strped marlin, this was his first marlin, he hooked it up all by himself and brought it in tail wrapped about 40 minutes later we boarded the trophy and headed home with the tired groms!! now we are smoking some marlin for sandwiches for lunch for the whole school week! The photo of the boat was taken that afternoon from a frinds boat on our way to the Marina, the kids in front, Fernando the owner next to me Dylan washing the deck and I'm on the wheel, the boat is a 1980's Mako and has given us many many adventures, we absolutely love this boat!!
    Great weather and great bite!! We live in good place.
    Heres a link to the days action on my go pro!! Check out t

Marlin Mateo 2018 enero 1.jpg Marlin Mateo 2018 Enero 2.jpg Marlin Mateo 2018 enero 3.jpg Marlin Mateo 2018 enero.jpg Marlin Mateo Enero 2018.jpg Mateo Marlin 2018 Enero.jpg Malrin Mateo 2018 Enero.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    karlk1125 and yakdout like this.
  2. mrhoneydo

mrhoneydo Member

Name:
    michael willson
    Boat:
    Sea Ray 18" & Grady White 28 Marlin
    Great story Juan, how fun for the kids!

Juan likes this.
  3. dhamarsportfish

dhamarsportfish Captain Danny Gomez

Marina La Cruz De Huanacaxtle Tuna Landing
    Name:
    Danny Gomez
    Boat:
    27 ft Super Panga-30Ft Blackfin- 27ftSuper Panga
    Good job compas keep up the good work soon i will have grandkids so got practice