Massive Calico Caught off Ocean Beach Pier !

Noms

Dirty taco maker
  • Aug 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    15 foot tin can
    A few bad apples ruin the bunch.
    However some of us had no option but to fish public piers as young adults. I never kept anything I couldn't ID or cook. The regulation booklet is free at every sporting goods store or tackleshop. No doubt lots of kooks are at the pier, shore and jetty. However a few of us would never have gotten into fishing if not for public access. Some of you guys are so quick to jump on the state /government when they place regulations on something. Yet here some of you are saying ban /limit access to fishing areas.

I sure as hell know my parents were too busy working and didn't have money to spend on a boat. Let alone buying me a ticket for a public cattle boat. I remember begging my parents to take me fishing at Santee lakes for my birthday.
    Ps : Been seeing black seabass come in for the past month at work from Mexico. 40-150 lbers. It sure is delicious. Especially the cheeks on the bigger guys. I still wonder how sustainable the population in Baja is. We have a researcher from a local college coming in weekly to take samples and notes on the some of the bsb.

D
    Dozer217
    I totally agree, I remember riding the "tram" on the Seal Beach pier and getting live bait to fish Bonita and anything else. Would get dropped off and spend the whole day. I then introduced my sons to fishng by going to the pier, easy peasy on the maks and tom cod to get them hooked.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

JamesZ

Jun 25, 2018
    Montana
    Name
    James Zachary
    Boat
    Kenner 23
    A few bad apples ruin the bunch.
    However some of us had no option but to fish public piers as young adults. I never kept anything I couldn't ID or cook. The regulation booklet is free at every sporting goods store or tackleshop. No doubt lots of kooks are at the pier, shore and jetty. However a few of us would never have gotten into fishing if not for public access. Some of you guys are so quick to jump on the state /government when they place regulations on something. Yet here some of you are saying ban /limit access to fishing areas.

I sure as hell know my parents were too busy working and didn't have money to spend on a boat. Let alone buying me a ticket for a public cattle boat. I remember begging my parents to take me fishing at Santee lakes for my birthday.
    Ps : Been seeing black seabass come in for the past month at work from Mexico. 40-150 lbers. It sure is delicious. Especially the cheeks on the bigger guys. I still wonder how sustainable the population in Baja is. We have a researcher from a local college coming in weekly to take samples and notes on the some of the bsb.
    Probably as over populated as ever. Like California.

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    Got to love new anglers that don't know the regulations. Idiot.
    Probably 7-8 years ago, some jackalope fishing santa Monica pier, got caught with a immature baby great white shark! I'd love to be the guy telling him, that's a baby great white shark! You gotta let it go! Dumbass says, how can you tell it's a great white shark? Well, there's only one way to really tell! Open his mouth, stick your hand inside it and count the gill rakes!

Upvote 0