Massive Calico Caught off Ocean Beach Pier !

May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat
Fun Ones
Classic youtube generation not knowing thier head from thier ass from a calico bass. Glad I'm a few generations before this.
Don’t know if that’s more of this guy is an idiot I’m general or not, the YouTube generation has seen plenty on bsb. Frankly because calling a Black Sea bass a calico bass is more like an image of kooks to them.

It’s like watching a kid kill a 130lber on a spinning reel with 80lb to 80lb in seven minutes! I can’t say I’ve come close to that. At least 15 minutes off on even heavier gear.

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
The piers attract the crowd that either doesn't give a shit or are completely ignorant of the rules.Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they just banned fishing from them permanently.

Reactions: kevina

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    The piers attract the crowd that either doesn't give a shit or are completely ignorant of the rules.Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they just banned fishing from them permanently.
    Ban the pier along with the jetties and rocks/off the cliffs, A lot of damage is done fishing off the rocks also.

Reactions: RodRage
    Upvote 0

kenstevens1

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 1, 2013
    huntington beach /ca/us
    Name
    ken
    Boat
    none
    Fishing dock in Newport harbor. Caught 21 inch halibut.. got hook out and safely released. Literally everyone was shocked. About an hour later a sheriff boat showed up and they checked licenses. The guy sitting close to the stairs pushed his bag of 6 inch fish under the stairs. I so wanted to say something. But I liked that dock and knew most of the people there. Certainly not a great crowd but I fished it regularly

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Fishing dock in Newport harbor. Caught 21 inch halibut.. got hook out and safely released. Literally everyone was shocked. About an hour later a sheriff boat showed up and they checked licenses. The guy sitting close to the stairs pushed his bag of 6 inch fish under the stairs. I so wanted to say something. But I liked that dock and knew most of the people there. Certainly not a great crowd but I fished it regularly
    I thought fishing from public piers was legal without a license. Good thing I have a license......and a boat. lol

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Ban the pier along with the jetties and rocks/off the cliffs, A lot of damage is done fishing off the rocks also.
    +1, LB jetty is getting its annual smattering of graffiti and chumps calling the rocks there home just fishing and taking up air, BAN IT or at least require a license!

Upvote 0