LEGALWISE

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
I deckhand on a charter on the Oregon Coast. Masks are required whenever a person enters the cabin. Out on the deck it is a choice although the majority of people wear them out there. Crew have same requirements, but most wear masks all the time----hey, it's only smart when around a bunch of new strangers every day.
Thanks for the report.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
One thing that could easily happen and should help everyone on board be more serious about wearing masks throughout the whole trip.

If an outbreak is traced back to a boat, there's a good chance the fleet will be shut down again. And then nobody's going to get to fish at all.

Just food for thought.
Sounds like some people would be happy if the boats got shut down,better chance of boats getting shutdown because of crybabies than outbreaks.

LEGALWISE

Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
what's funny is A Lawyer looking for Honesty,
what A JOKE.
[/QUOTE
All people like you can do is deflect. The whole world is CNN, fake news, Kool-Aid drinkers, it’s a hoax, etc. I asked a very simple question. What was actually happening on the fishing boats. I did this because I had two trips coming up and I needed to make a decision if I wanted to go. Then the whole world explodes between those who are willing to wear masks and those who oppose same.Tribal warfare at its best. And all you can do is to deride lawyers rather than answer the question.

Last edited:

Spanktuna

Jun 10, 2020
Southern California
Name
Gary
Boat
Charter as needed
Sounds like some people would be happy if the boats got shut down,better chance of boats getting shutdown because of crybabies than outbreaks.
Crybabies, what about my filet mignon dinner on the last night I had to miss out on because of the extra effort the crew would have to go thru to have a second seating in the interests of social distancing? I was paying 20% more than a stock 5 day, with the understanding that inconveniences like having multiple meal calls would be the norm for the evening meal and it was until the last night. Should of asked for room service all so the boat could expedite their 5am arrival, yet paid what a 10 day use to cost for 1/2 the time on the water. So when your ready to spend some money you get to have an opinion about the goods and services your buying into.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Legalwise,
I fished with you last Nov, so you should know who I am since you gave me a boat tour..I went out the first weekend they opened and everyone that boarded the boat had to have their temperature taken as they were boarding. They also required a mask to be worn. I will leave it at that.

LEGALWISE

Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
Legalwise,
I fished with you last Nov, so you should know who I am since you gave me a boat tour..I went out the first weekend they opened and everyone that boarded the boat had to have their temperature taken as they were boarding. They also required a mask to be worn. I will leave it at that.
Thanks for the report it helps. Good fishing to you.

Reactions: FinHunter619

fishwithwill

Nov 24, 2018
On the roof
Name
William Wright
Boat
Blow Up Dolly
Plj46...all good brother, sorry, no disrespect meant and I knew it was coming..I'm speaking as a crewmember on a sportboat who lost only one day to meeting with the USCG regarding the Conception (and a hell of a lot of sleep) whereas the whole fleet was shut down for 3 months for covid and opened with orders. I find it easy to follow orders. Sorry again, no disrespect intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiceEater

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
By now its pretty clear that some people will rip their masks off as soon as they can and some will wear them religiously.

The OP asked a legitimate question so that no matter which camp you fall into, if you can know in advance if the boat you are thinking about is stringent or if it doesn't care, you can book a trip on a boat that practices what you preach. That's better for you no matter what your particular feeling is about masks.
As my old friend Brad says, “Common Sense isn’t common enough.”

If, as you have stated, you have trips booked, why don’t you call the office and air your concerns? Seems like the most direct approach. If you trust them enough to take you to sea and take care of your safety...

Reactions: Brad I and Yolo

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Crybabies, what about my filet mignon dinner on the last night I had to miss out on because of the extra effort the crew would have to go thru to have a second seating in the interests of social distancing? I was paying 20% more than a stock 5 day, with the understanding that inconveniences like having multiple meal calls would be the norm for the evening meal and it was until the last night. Should of asked for room service all so the boat could expedite their 5am arrival, yet paid what a 10 day use to cost for 1/2 the time on the water. So when your ready to spend some money you get to have an opinion about the goods and services your buying into.
:smoking33:

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I haven't heard of any politician or lawyer that doesn't know the answer to the question he is about to ask.

Many here on BD do the same thing. Makes for good reading.

Reactions: plj46 and FishRock

Artois

Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
I haven't heard of any politician or lawyer that doesn't know the answer to the question he is about to ask.

Many here on BD do the same thing. Makes for good reading.
its like fish crack. you want to stop reading but just can't do it

Reactions: Cubeye

LEGALWISE

Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
I'm sure you know what the answers are about wearing mask's on boats or have read it. Even if the sport boats don't enforce it, once they clear the point, Do you honestly think that someone is going to tell you "NO we don't wear them, it's all B.S" On a Social Network??? If someone did post that, He/She is just as stupid as you for asking that question!!! Everyone reads these threads, Just like Pesca does and seen people with piles of fish and way over limit fishing in Mexican waters. Look what happened, Island closures, etc. The same thing will happen if the wrong people read A thread about not wearing a face mask on the sport boats. I sure don't want to see the fishing Industry get shut down again. Stop the STUPID ASS questions, Go out on a boat and see for yourself. :Beat_Them
So, you are ticked off over the island closures not because fishermen took way over limits but because they got caught. No desire to just follow the rules? On limits, on mask wearing or anything else in life? Cheat when you can and be quite about it. You seem to be all about selfishness and lack of character. Maybe you should take that little stick in the emoji and start pounding it on your own head.