CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
Back after 5 days and this is what I found or had friends Pull out of the water. This weekend I am going to be trolling in my kayak for all these species in the harbor……and a buzz…..it’s that crazy out there!
M=marlin
D=dorado
B=Bluefin
Y=Yellowfin
S=swordfish
document2015-09-17-160632.jpg

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Ranger 240 Bahia - "Lil' Mijo" & Triumph 1700 Skiff
Wow!! Awesome! Thanks for taking the time for the details on the map!

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
Pretty big news if all that is correct, I suppose it's about time they found us with all those sustained high sst's for over two months. Would appreciate any photos you have to share if you have any.

I did see that the Coloroma out of hooks land a yft and the Biscuit out of Ciscos land 2 bft today.... so perhaps it's about to bust loose in the 805.

Reactions: Bubba and errock_22

steelhead88

Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
Wow! Thanks for all that info! Going Saturday to see what we can find...
Go get 'em Bob, the Wild West is due for a nice score (and a thoroughly detailed report, ha ha).

I'm grounded until next Friday dang it.

CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
You will see marlin everyhere, tuna all came up in the dolphin. Dorado was open water.
I can throw plenty of pics of marlin up. the blue fin i let go, was only 8-10lbs. the skippy too, was 15lbs. the dorado was weighed in at Cisco's Wensday, pics are online. Buddy caught the YFT, dont have a pic of that.

Jul 9, 2003
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
Swordfish?
I know where you put the "S" there's a ton of bait and Bonita but it seems the water is too warm right there for Swordfish.

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
Swordfish?
I know where you put the "S" there's a ton of bait and Bonita but it seems the water is too warm right there for Swordfish.
We catch them in 82 degree water in FL. Nothing is too warm or cold for Elvis.

errock_22

Professional Fuel Burner
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
Ranger 240 Bahia - "Lil' Mijo" & Triumph 1700 Skiff
I'm currently having a major panic attack....I'm headed to Palm Desert for the weekend. SONOFAB|+<#!!!!!

LOL

Reactions: steelhead88
Jul 7, 2014
Name
Michael Gorgita
Boat
22 Bayrunner
I fished for swordfish with the harpoon for a few years and swordfish can tolerate warm water as well as colder 60 degree water. many were taken in that area (east end) and down to the slide over the years/ Very cool report!!!

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
They catch them in mazatlan and puerta vallarta. Its not too warm.

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Trolling in the harbor ? Thanks for the intel but I hope your kidding . Seems like it would be tough to get all that info from friends and have it be accurate . In other words BS without pics . Sorry ! By the way . Thats much more than 10 miles , so .........Ya .

onehottip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Thanks for a real cool report. Good info. What are general temps. It's been a couple weeks for me.

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Please send our fish back down south after your done playing with them. Crazy year!

CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
Yes I am a liar, please do not take my advice and stay home. Also you should look at a guy’s posts before calling BS!
#1 I am not here to brag, tell stories, post limits, est. I am very continent with getting the few fish I intended, dropping my hook (aka anchor) and enjoying many cocktails over a sunset. Matter of fact lets go with I suck at fishing, everyone is better than me, that way I don’t have to get in any more debates. Relationships are for that. (and i definitely suck at those)
#1.1 I am posting to help a few guys out, save them some struggles that I have gone through and hopefully make some new friends. Maybe someone can help me out once in a while. Karma, all I am after! This central coast group seemed small and cool so I thought I would try the online thing again.
#2 Me and my GF bought our boat 2.5 years ago and have over 5,000 ocean miles on it. Dad has had sport fishers in CI since 88’. When I say I saw, or caught something..……just might want to listen!
#3 I was BS’ing, you caught me, I actually caught the YFT, and my GF caught a BFT, dorado and Marlin. See below.
#4 Don’t message me for any lure or other recommendation, everyone else can!
#5 Can look at my boat on marine traffic, I have ASI, can see my trip . Every time you see me stop in the history I am probably making up some more BS!
#6 Please don’t look at my top secret marlin lure in a couple of the pics….haha
Tight lines my friends!
In this weekend for maintenance and avoid all the marlin tournament traffic out there. Plus after 4 nights on the hook I was a little scared to ask my GF to go out again. Back out next weekend! Need to fill up after 5 days out…….anybody got some Xanex for me when I fuel up!!!
I will have a pic of a marlin with Gina in the background soon………my new goal!

bet we we see wolf pacs shorlty
IMG_5521.jpg

Into the sun
IMG_7732.jpg

I need therapy, such a liar

IMG_5867.jpg

think he is pist he took that mackeral!! pretty cool boat wake on the slide in the back ground.

IMG_7754.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
Trolling in the harbor ? Thanks for the intel but I hope your kidding . Seems like it would be tough to get all that info from friends and have it be accurate . In other words BS without pics . Sorry ! By the way . Thats much more than 10 miles , so .........Ya .

CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
Sorry still learning, not good with quotes. Can't defend the swordfish, no pics.
But can confirm I am very buzzed after now fiishing in the kayak! Should I take a selfie to prove it? I can drink more, and some more, fall in the harbor, prove i caught a buzz!!
Please..... no offense given or taken…. I would have called BS on me without some facts. But I do have a job and a boat to maintain, downloading pics and these post take time???

Let’s network work, make it worth it.

Reactions: onehottip

steelhead88

Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
It certainly seems you're doing just fine on the relationship front, wow, that's a lot of fishing with your lady! Don't sell yourself short, I think you've found a winner! Don't let that one go.

Jul 9, 2003
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
I think we saw you out there last weekend but there were a few Luhrs out there.
We trolled way out to the west, SC Basin, condition were great with lots of bait but no fish. Seems they're all inside around Anacapa right now. I fish with my wife also. Next time we see you I'll try to raise you on the vhf or if you see us give us a call, 31' Cabo with a tower.

CI CA

The dogs name is "Tuna"
Jul 7, 2015
Channel Islands Harbor
Name
Kipp
Boat
"Therapy" 38' Luhrs
I think we saw you out there last weekend but there were a few Luhrs out there.
We trolled way out to the west, SC Basin, condition were great with lots of bait but no fish. Seems they're all inside around Anacapa right now. I fish with my wife also. Next time we see you I'll try to raise you on the vhf or if you see us give us a call, 31' Cabo with a tower.
Yes –please reach out. no way I can off Friday off but maybe Monday. that last trip was all about Marlin and was tough. I always troll at least one tuna lure, what all those were caught on. This week end will buy some bait, as well as make some. We will be fishing the paddy’s and dolphin, lot more small stuff out.
Best to reach me on 16 . converse on 19.

Can't miss my boat, all white, big Carolina flare and big white dingy on the front.

Valkyrie

Coxswain
Sep 3, 2003
Channel Islands Harbor Calif.
Visit site
Name
Frank Sullivan
Boat
35ft Viking Sportfisher
I can attest to all the Kipp has said here. Kipp,it was great fishing the CIBFTournament with you Valkyrie was there along with 21 other boats. It was a great 5 days of fun, fish and camaraderie.

Kipp and his family are well respected in the local fishing community.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanErb