not cool

Marlin report

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by adobo, Aug 17, 2010.

1. adobo

adobo sponsor by..Masalures.com

Name:
    sab
    Boat:
    19' glasspro
    My plan was to night fish for some akule/opelu friday night......I ended up canceling and flew to maui with my cousin for the weekend cruz. Came back home from maui late saturday night and I could not sleep, so i ended up packing and woke up my braddah and told him we gotta go. So i Hooked up the trailer and left, Y-NAE bound rushed to get gas and ice. 6-6:30am Got in the water and it was nice, shooted straight out and decided to run the ledge to kaena hoping for some ono (no luck). Ran into some porpoise (no luck) Headed straight out for v bouy with alot of birds just scouting around no action. So with nothing happening me and by bro started chatting about, that it would be mean if we hit one big marlin. So still no action from those birds, so decided to shoot for CO bouy and 20 min later(800am)..........BANG HANAPAA! Short corner came screamin yelled yeah big ono. Line rippin out from the real....thats when my braddah said no no...marlin we got a marlin so i cleared all the lines. After that the show was on, Fish doing cartwheels,flips,poppawheelies back and forth, line still rippin. I was so amazed to see that for the first time i forgot we was fighting the fish.:rofl: We almost got spooled but soon we gain half the line back then she did the muff dive straight down, and slowly we gained all the line back until we seen color. We leader it and she came up to surface and thats when i sank the gaff in and holding on with my dear life saying i bettah not loose this fish. Second gaff went in and thats when i beat the shit out of her. (Lolo me i forgot the bullet at home) I beat the marlin so much that i broke the bat. Me and my braddah stay crackin up cuz i never like stop beating the shit out oh her. Finally we got the fish in the boat(845am)....CHEEEEEE! yelling jumping high five, couldn't believe we just landed a marlin after we jus talked about catching one. After couple minutes resting, we decided to head back to the harbor. All in all this was my first "MARLIN" weighing in at 330 all stoked.
    As we were getting close to the harbor, seen a iwa bird diving we went to check it out and thats when the water started to boil in front of us. On the first pass.....hanapaa with the same lure that we caught the marlin on. With no boats around we Boated a fat otaru, second pass water still boiling hanapaa again different lure boated another fat otaru, third pass nothing fourth pass nothing and then everything went dead, birds gone fish gone worked the area awhile nobody home. Decided to call it a day and went in(1200pm)...............2 fat otaru and my first marlin :devil:. I would like to thank masalures.com for sponsoring me with the lures and thank my braddah for helping me land the marlin.

Attached Files:

2. Uli Kai

Uli Kai Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Wellcraft Coastal 230
    Awesome, Congrats on your first Marlin! Glad to see a few starting to come up west side.

3. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Way to go on your catch!Thanks for the report.Doug

4. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Sab,
    Good goin' on the marlin and otarus.

Thanks
    Pat

5. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    love that mavis color skirt!

6. BNaks

BNaks Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Baby Hawk
    Congrats on your first marlin and the bonus otarus. Thanks for the report.

7. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
    congrats on your first marlin!!! gotta love that west side action!!!

8. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    Congrats on your first marlin, sab! Good catch, along with a nice pair of otaru for sashimi!

9. adobo

adobo sponsor by..Masalures.com

Name:
    sab
    Boat:
    19' glasspro
    Thanks guy's for the responds. Sorry no pics of the otaru

10. JimmyK

JimmyK Fisherman wannabe

Name:
    JimmyK
    Boat:
    17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
    Good going on your marlin/otaru catch!

11. Morris Lures

Morris Lures Pirate

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    FORCE 21
    Good going nice marlin. Now its time to smoke that bad boy.

12. Lokelani Kai

Lokelani Kai Newbie

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    24 Yellowfin Allysa K
    Yo Sebastian, Good job on the marlin! See what happens when no can sleep!! :waglleybooty:Great story and right on you got some sashimi too! Al