JustFishn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Name
Justin
Boat
14' Livingston
Justin lets hook up for Sunday. I'll be home Saturday.
Most excellent video.
Looks like I will be fishing DP Saturday and if we don't find any Dodos, I will be going out of MIssion Bay. But, if everything goes great sat, we might go to capa. Give me a call sat when you get in.

JustFishn

Jul 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Name
Justin
Boat
14' Livingston
I admire your spirit fishing offshore in your skiff.
That's some fantastic footage you've shot.
It should get interesting when the striper/blue discussion gets started...as that one might be the real deal. Fun stuff either way!!!

MarkW
Thank you! I greatly appreciate that.

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I live for those days....weather wise.Cool video too.

Reactions: JustFishn

Loboinventura

Jun 17, 2009
Santa Barbara
Name
Wayne Mills
Boat
26 Wilson
Late long Short report of my weekend! Dana Point Saturday, launched 430 am. Decent bait, lots of boats, the usual! Decided to troll on my way out, missed the 267/279 bite! Lots of whales and Navy action. Decided to look for my own fish as I always do, instead of joining the crowd/parking lot. Headed to 209, since no one was communicating that they knew if there was any action going on there. Lots of paddys along the way with no one home! Water temp cool, 71.4 range most of the time. Sun came out, beautiful. Paddy after paddy, nothing!!! 209, ghost town, Fish there, not active, headed back down my track to check paddys, temp up to 72-73, had a yacht come cut me off as I was trolling towards a nice patty! Douche Bag!!! People these days! Off to the domes, parking lot, people picking off Small to nice grade YFT! Couldn't get bit!! Just not my day. Headed back!
Monday, headed to Channel Islands, late start, fresh bait, most rolled but had plenty to work with. Lots of people around trolling for Marlin and looking for those YFT that are on there way up! ;-) water temp, not up to par till the sun warmed up later in the day. Saw a small center console hooked up to a Marlin right when I got there, one jump and that was it, came off! Proceeded to the back of Anacapa, didn't look promising, so checked the Dope on YFT, with no luck. Birds sitting everywhere. Killed the motor, started chumming/chunking with two fly lined sardines. Lots of dogs out! One hour, nada, started slow trolling and boxed my chum line and 20 mins in I'm on! Nice size Marlin, too bad it was on 25# test! Did my best and played with him for a bit, got a nice show, made one big leaping clockwise circle around my 14' Livingston skiff at about 50 yards before putting in one last flying leap to break me off! Beautiful conditions out. I will leave it at that! Oh one more thing, too many guys out there that are not wanting to share their luck in finding fish, no one wants to help. I have come to realize there are few guys out there that are kind enough to share in this awesome season we have going! I'm trying to get these exotics off my bucket list on my skiff, and most guys out there are selfish with too much ego! Sad! Anyway enjoy my clip of the Marlin, wish I had some better footage but I had to make due with what I got! Tight lines guys, stay safe!

The
"Accipiter"

OLD Young Man and the SEA

BornFisher

Jun 17, 2003
Encinitas (Olivenhain)
Visit site
Name
Bill Fisher
Boat
18' Bayliner Trophy, cuddy
Heard Mark Wisch talk about your video on LTHU today. He said it was great and he was sure right. What an experience and what a setting for it. CONGRATS!!!

gofishtails

gofishtails
Jun 1, 2007
Long Beach, Ca.
Name
Capt. Al
Boat
22 ft. CC
That was an awesome video. I am surprised that nobody mentioned the Bloody Decks T-Shirt and logo. Great promo., I really enjoyed it. Gonna have to get one of those shirts. And one of those fish.

JustFishn

Jul 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Name
Justin
Boat
14' Livingston
I admire your spirit fishing offshore in your skiff.
That's some fantastic footage you've shot.
It should get interesting when the striper/blue discussion gets started...as that one might be the real deal. Fun stuff either way!!!

MarkW
Hey Mark, heard your report on LTHU. You forgot to mention that it was on 25# test. And I knew what I had. Although it was my first, but I hooked another one on Saturday. No video, same rod reel and line. There was no stopping it. Thanks again
The "Accipiter"

Last edited:

BornFisher

Jun 17, 2003
Encinitas (Olivenhain)
Visit site
Name
Bill Fisher
Boat
18' Bayliner Trophy, cuddy

WahooUSMA

Feb 25, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga
Name
Roger
Boat
37 Bertram
Now that's true 'Hardcore'! Nice video.....