Sitting at A-Bay
Feb 24, 2005
Waikoloa, HI
Name
MikeO
Boat
27 World Cat, True Lies
Aloha,

Over the weekend my friend and I hooked this marlin on my skiff in a porpoise school off Kona. When we got it close to the boat it came up and made a second run and I was able to get this pretty cool shot of it dragging the lure away with my point and shoot camera.

Attachments

MikeO

Sitting at A-Bay
Feb 24, 2005
Waikoloa, HI
Name
MikeO
Boat
27 World Cat, True Lies
Yes...he was only about 150#. We got the hooks out cleanly and released him.

JollyGreen

Mar 19, 2009
Hawaii (Oahu)
Name
Jeremy
Boat
16', Hobie, Adventure Island
Yes...he was only about 150#. We got the hooks out cleanly and released him.
Awesome picture! Catchin Marlin east coast style :) For whatever reason everyone on the east coast releases their marlin, well it seems like everyone. Is that a dredge/daisy chain/spreader bar it's pulling?

MikeO

Sitting at A-Bay
Feb 24, 2005
Waikoloa, HI
Name
MikeO
Boat
27 World Cat, True Lies
The lure is a Bomboy "Scarface"..an aggressive medium-sized Kona head. It looks larger than it is because the vinyl skirts are billowed out as it is getting dragged backwards through the water

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Great pic Mike good goin' on the clean release.

Cheers
Pat

gofish808

Jan 16, 2009
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Jason
Boat
16'6" Ali'i Kai
Nice shot! Beats all my attempts trying take pix of a marlin launching....I always just get the splash.

zanegler

Bomboy Lures Are Money!
Jun 24, 2008
placerville/ca/usa
Name
zane
Boat
Skipjack 20 Flybridge, Cruel Intentions
Nice shot of the fish. I am surprised you weren't a little busy clearing the rest of the lures.

The Scarface is Bomboy's top big-fish producer. He has 14 Blues over 700 on this one lure. You guys should also take a look at the Mini-G, his newest creation. It is a micro version of the Magilla Gorilla, and is really doing well in the Baja. One of my customers won 11,000 with a 52.8 lb Dorado on the Mini-G in Flying Fish.

If you need any Bomboy lures, and can't track him down yourself, you can get them from me at www.marlination.com.

Also a pic of the 1258 caught on the Bomboy Baby Locknut, after coming up on a Scarface.

Attachments

zanegler

Bomboy Lures Are Money!
Jun 24, 2008
placerville/ca/usa
Name
zane
Boat
Skipjack 20 Flybridge, Cruel Intentions
Here is a picture of the Scarface up-close and a picture of an assortment of Bomboy's that would make a pretty decent Blue marlin spread anywhere.

Clockwise starting with the green and black Scarface, Supernut in Evil, Large Bullet in Petrolero, Large Locknut in Guacamaya, and the Magilla in blue vinyl over orange and pink Moldcraft type plastic inner. This is the number one way you will see the Magilla skirted in Hawaii.

Attachments

Last edited: