Marinas in Puerto Vallarta

Discussion in 'Mainland Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by pescador7530, Dec 2, 2009.

1. pescador7530

pescador7530 calefish7530

Name:
    Fishscale
    Boat:
    48', HiStar
    I'm trying to get my boat to PV sometime around the beginning to middle of next year and I was wondering where is the best place to keep it? It seems there are 3 places (Marina Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, and the one to the north), but I can't seem to find any information on Marina Vallarta.

Has anyone had any experience leaving their boat at any of these places, and if so, how would I get in touch of somebody to look after it? Is there a website for Marina Vallarta?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. victormanuel

victormanuel "Monkey Business"

Name:
    Victor
    Boat:
    40ft, Riviera, Monkey Business
    I have my boat in Marina Vallarta but regarding the services the best one is the brand new marina in la cruz, for me is to far away, so I keep my boat here.

If you need more info please contact Sergio Bernal (Harbor Master)
    [email protected]

Good luck amigo

3. lilharcher

lilharcher Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Champion 188
    New La Cruz Marina is where you want to be.......much easier and cheeper to travel by car to the La Cruz Marina (20 - 25 minutes from city) then chugging the extra 10 miles by boat.

4. frijolitos

frijolitos cause I eat alot of beans

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    23 grady, 16 Lund
    marina vallarta is nearly falling apart

5. Team Karma

Team Karma Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    54 Sculley: Karma 3
    I vote Marina La Cruz (which is the one to the north). The facilities are excellent and it is the closest to the fishing. Paradise village is also nice, but it does not have fuel. I wouldn't even consider Marina Vallarta. It is by far the worst of the 3.

6. Bullshipper

Bullshipper Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jeffry
    Boat:
    Prokat 26
    Marina Vallarta is the oldest, but there are still many good docks there. There is also
    Fuel
    Live Bait everyday
    tackle, boat parts
    All kinds of places to eat next to your boat, and close to the marina
    places that fix lunches, liquor stores, ice, bars, closest to the airport
    more deckhands, boat washers hanging at the docks and
    charter captains who will help you locate fish or tell you where they found them
    In other words, you really don't need a car there.

La Cruz is new, closer to the rock, but there still isn't much infrastructure there IMO, and being on the far end of town is a bit of a problem fir the ladies and kids looking for other activities. So it kinda depends if its just hard core fisherman or a family vacation, in my opinion.

7. tonybykerk

tonybykerk Newbie

Name:
    tony bykerk
    Boat:
    28 albemarle-magic
    I had a lot of trouble with theft at Marina Vallarta. The security sucks. The docks are in bad repair. I had several pumps stolen out of the lazzerette.

8. Aleta

Aleta Member

Name:
    Clarke
    Boat:
    3070 Pursuit
    Depends what you want - how you plan on using your boat, what is most important to you with regards to amenities, how Mexico savy you are, self captained boat, mexican crew, how long you plan to keep boat in PV, who is watching your boat etc, etc, etc. Most people who have had boats down there for a number of years start out in one of the marinas and eventually migrate to the best fit for their style.

I don't think you can go wrong starting your stay at Paradise Village and subsequently visiting the other marinas over time to make a decision.

Ya aint gonna find a website for Marina Vallarta - its a TCF but has its benefits as well.

9. pescador7530

pescador7530 calefish7530

Name:
    Fishscale
    Boat:
    48', HiStar
    This is all very helpful. We would be keeping it down there indefinitely, I guess my next question is what kinds of problems are there with theft? Or how easy is it to find a reliable person to watch the boat while I'm gone. I've had rods and reels stolen off the boat in the past by unreliable help. Any suggestions or bits of advice?