Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
La Salina is the only marina between the border & Ensenada.

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Hmmm, The marina has issues. Better you go there and launch your boat. The problem is that they built both jetty points directly west. A sand bar quickly formed and they have been struggling ever since.

The dock maintenance was a mess. There are big boats stranded. Depending on how small is small it may not be an issue. Commercial pangas use ti a lot.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
Upvote 0

Oldsrtfx

Paladin
Jan 17, 2010
Rocky Mountains
Name
Pete
Boat
Clackacraft
Hmmm, The marina has issues. Better you go there and launch your boat. The problem is that they built both jetty points directly west. A sand bar quickly formed and they have been struggling ever since.

The dock maintenance was a mess. There are big boats stranded. Depending on how small is small it may not be an issue. Commercial pangas use ti a lot.
Thanks for the info.
I run a 25 ft., alum hull Bayrunner, 150 Merc.
I live in CO and come out a couple of times per year. Just looking for convenience. Was at Pier 32 but the expense got out of hand. Would prefer to store on trailer and launch when I got there.

Upvote 0

Ryan_Thomas

Mar 14, 2019
Newport Beach
Name
¥
Boat
Boston Whaler
Best option I have found for boat storage in Baja is to rent a storage unit. It's enclosed, out of the elements and most importantly, out of sight and (relatively) safe.

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Thanks for the info.
I run a 25 ft., alum hull Bayrunner, 150 Merc.
I live in CO and come out a couple of times per year. Just looking for convenience. Was at Pier 32 but the expense got out of hand. Would prefer to store on trailer and launch when I got there.

La Salinas is not Mexican cheap. Pier32 is really nice. Fishing here a couple times a year, how do you maintain the boat to be fish ready?

Upvote 0

Oldsrtfx

Paladin
Jan 17, 2010
Rocky Mountains
Name
Pete
Boat
Clackacraft
La Salinas is not Mexican cheap. Pier32 is really nice. Fishing here a couple times a year, how do you maintain the boat to be fish ready?
Actually, pretty easy. Stored the boat dry (on trailer) within the Pier 32 compound. Launched the boat when I got in. They gave me a slip while I was there. Put the boat out and back on the trailer when I left. Only complicated part was keeping the batteries alive; did that with a solar panel and trickle charger.
Great people and facility at Pier 32. It just got too expensive for the few trips I was able to get out there.
Put in a lot of time and dollars tricking out the boat; now I use it even less. Will probably sell it if the Mex deal does not work out.
Pete

Upvote 0

Rufo

Rufo
May 23, 2006
Around the Way
Name
Bob
Boat
Yes
Hey Pete, I’m very familiar with La Salina. I sent you a PM.

If you want more input from others try posting the same question in the BD “Mexico Fishing Reports” forum on the “Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion” board.

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

politadisa

Apr 30, 2020
FRANCE
Name
poliha
Boat
Boat

The dock maintenance was a mess. There are big boats stranded. Depending on how small is small it may not be an issue Lucky Patcher Kodi nox . Commercial pangas use ti a lot.
Yes, I think so. This was recommended to me by a friend. I'm looking for a place to keep my boat without going all the way to Ensenada...relatively small boat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
don't keep your boat at La Salina unless you have really good insurance a low deductible........Its ok to tow and launch on certain tides but do NOT store it there......
any specific questions let me know im up on whats going on there

Upvote 0