Dec 9, 2008
Lahaina, Hawaii, USA
www.sportfishingmaui.com
Name
Lee
Boat
Start Me Up Sportfishing
Aloha from Start Me Up,

The following are some of our photos up to March 10, 2010. Thank you for your support.

Jordan Rice caught this beautiful 485 pound Blue Marlin and Jeff McAdam, Dwight Waldner, Byron Meads, Darcy Robertson and Landon Klen grab a few nice Mahi-mahi for dinner out fishing with Team Start Me Up.

Leroy and Tracy Geske, Tony Schons, Clement and Doris Aubin, and Greg Wolodkin got this group of Mahi-mahi’s and a Barracuda on the 9 hour Early Morning Action trip.

Kirsten, Karina and Ken Comer, Rich Witmer. Euane Wahlers and Jaclyn Finn, a great day catching 9 Mahi-mahi.

Max and Mike Reese, Tome Elliot, Mark Warren, Troy Steigman, Kurt Painter with 3 Ahi Tunas, 80 pounds+, 1 Ono and 2 Mahi-mahis.

Mr Nelson caught this big 422.6 pound Blue Marlin on the Start Me Up La Dat.

Ken Ansell, Lucas, Nicholas and Brow Nurkowski with a 25 pound Spearfish.

Jay Crothers fished at MC buoy to catch this nice 24 pound Mahi-mahi.

Doug Graham caught this 243 pound Blue Marlin on Team Start Me Up.

John Judd on the right and friend Tagged and Release a 175 pound Blue Marlin.

Shaun and Juda Braksted with Ralen Megton fished our 9 hour trip and caught these 7 Mahi-mahi.

Kari Wessman, Jay Husen, Dawn Huseby, and Jeff Metsala, with 7 mahi’s caught on the 9 hour Early Bird Trip.

Tom and Hayle Obermeyer came all the way from Chicago to catch this 22 pound Bull Mahi.

Keep looking for more to come soon. Aloha!

May 16, 2006
sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
Name
mike
Boat
25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
Do you ever release Marlin??
or 5 pound Dorados??
you know, we don't come down to where you work and slap dicks out of your mouth, so we would be happy if you didn't tell us how to run our fishery. and i know with your vast experience in "BIG GAME FISHING" that the pic with the blue flag and the red "t" looking flag does'nt stand for "martini time" that is all.

congrats start me up, looks like you guys are doing allright in a tough economy.

Last edited:

trailerhook

Mar 25, 2010
HONOLULU,HAWAII
Name
SNAGGUM
Boat
36' LIVINGSTON
why u mainland guys always gotta ask us about releasing our fish?? we eat the damn thing! feed the family, feed the friends. one thing we don't do is waste the fish! a lot of people make a living off fishing. and they aren't taxidermist!

grander007

Well-Known "Member"
May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
well...releasing marlin doesn't make you a better person or fisherman, it just makes you an inexperienced gaffer...if you don't like pics of dead marlin and other dead fish of various shapes and sizes don't waste your (our) time on the Hawaii board...

tight lines & bloody decks,

shbite

kailua lures
Apr 8, 2009
kailua hi
Name
steve
Boat
19 glass pro
yah 5 pound mahi means I get dinner my gf gets dinner and mom and dad get dinner. Mind your own buisness you tree hugging greenie we dont need people like you here stay on the mainland thank you and aloha means goodbye tooo!!!!

seastar

Feb 8, 2010
wachapreague va
Name
allen
Boat
25 chapparall
well Im an eastcoast fisherman and release all of our billfish but our fishery isnt the same on the eastcoast or california as what the hawiians have for one thing. And another and most importantly the fish are being eaten so why is it alright to kill a shit load of whites and blues over here for tournament money and bitch about hawiians keeping the fish for food. Not to mention a chicken dolphin(small mahi)is damn good eating and only a handful were caught. Anyway nice collection of pics.

Jan 26, 2009
CA
Name
the_reel_deal
Boat
too many to list
are marlin covered under the new 'health care plan'...let me check...'no'...ok sonny hand me that bat...

dirtytaco.

Dec 17, 2009
San Pedro
Name
Jacob Trutanich
Boat
none yet
hahahahaha here in so cal we dont have many marlin so killin one in hawaii isnt the same as so cal

molokaipake

May 8, 2008
Kaunakakai, Molokai, USA
Name
capt clay
Boat
24 foot power catamaran, "Hallelujah Hou", 18 foot Prima Sea flatsboat, "Keu" for flyfishing
Keep it simple. My elders always told me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything". Otherwise you got a fat lip..It all boils down to "respect". Especially if the other guy is bigger than you are.

da reel man

Jan 22, 2008
hawaii
Name
cuz
Boat
21 alii kai
mmmmmmmmmm smoked marlin and heineken, some ahi poke,raw crab, pipikaula. yup das what im gettin for aloha friday