HBar

Aug 20, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Name
Rich H
Boat
none
Hey,
Long time San Diego offshore guy looking to fish near Marathon Key mid July. Any recommendations on what to bring as far as tackle, and with whom to hire as a guide, charter?

Thanks in advance

HBar

tugasangler

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 9, 2016
Virginia
Name
James
Boat
Yankee Capts
Bring your 16-20-30 as reels or 40-50 if you have them .. take spinning reels in 5-10k sz . You wanna do a drift boat or a charter but Robbie’s is near there and they have a party boat that does pretty well on snapper and such .. I’d recommend making a drive shortly north to key large are going to gulftstream boat . Good chance and bigger grouper snapper tuna kingfish wahoo for 70bucks

HBar

Aug 20, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Name
Rich H
Boat
none
When are you going to be there .. I’ll be there July 6-16 and I’m from there
Same dates! Looking forward to it! Thanks for the info. My knowledge of the keys is so very limited. I don't know the seasonal targets, flats vs open water, bottom fishing vs pelagics. I'll be with the wife and kids, so looking charter a couple of times, than casting from shore while the kids snorkle and play on the beach.

Reactions: tugasangler

af dreamer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Not quite to Marathon but close is Hawks Cay resort.They have boats for hire there.Just up the road from Marathon on Duck Key.Tom

Reactions: HBar