Bob Farmer

SeaJay
Aug 30, 2006
La Mesa, CA
Name
Bob Farmer
Boat
20' Chaparral WA, SeaJay
I guess we're going do some lobster fishing this year, so I'm looking for something to help in raising the nets. I'm not interested in the electric line haulers, but I have seen an arm that has a pully on the end of it that mounts in rod holders on the side of the boat.

Anyone have any idea where to get one of these? Brand name?

I appreciate any help.

ambush1

Swagger Lures,
Jul 24, 2006
lakewood
Name
brett bumz
Boat
23' Seaswirl Cuddy Cabin BUM N OUT
i can pull like a mofo

Alan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 15, 2003
Ventura
atlantisutility.com
Name
Alan
Boat
Skipjack 25
Scotty's downriggers also makes a cheaper version for about 40 bucks.

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
hello, just thought i'd chime in here...i build these (pics attached) they are very strong. in the pic is my 4 year old son 51# hanging in the hoop net. my pullers have 2 adjustable flashlight mounts a 4" dia. pulley on ball bearings, a cleat to tie off and hold hoop up, and best of all.....it transfers all the load to top of gunnel and rod holder, NOT TO THE PIN IN BOTTOM OF HOLDER. read "the red guys" site carefully....unless use use top notch rod holders with his, BOAT DAMAGE MAY OCCUR. YOU CAN GET ME AT
[email protected]
thank's,
scott

Attachments

K

KoneZone

You can always try Orval's EZ Pull. It's a great alternative to pulling pot's by hand.

Orval's EZ Pull Anchor Puller.

Approved by KoneZone and Made in the USA!

PS. This is a anchor/ pot puller system that attaches to a buoy and the boats power pulls it to the base of the bouy. Then you pick it over the rail. It's used for pulling anchors in the dangerous water of the Columbia River.

I'm not familiar with your Lobster fishery but if you are pulling any distance this tool will be greatly appreciated. There is a commercial crab fisherman using one off of Pacific City in Oregon with his dory boat.

The best feature is the ability to change from pot to pot in seconds.

Attachments

theexcuse

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 12, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Boat
The Excuse
Dont forget the cleat and you might want to put a tube butt on it so as to not damage your boat. I make these and sell them for around $190 folbe block, powder coated to your color request and all. If you dont want to go through the hassle of making it yourself, let me know, i can have one ready for you in a few days. i will take special requests for them so just pm me and we will discuss. ANd mine are steel that weigh just about the same as a red riser, just mine can handle way more being steel and powder coated and all.