Manti Cow Elk

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by Sea 2'er, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Sea 2'er

Sea 2'er Elk Country USA

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    Gone!
    Drew the Manti (Utah) cow elk hunt for early October. Hoping to fill the freezer this year. Anyone hunt this unit, experiences, areas to
    Camp, avoid?

2. frazier

frazier Member

Name:
    gordon grant
    Boat:
    30' seaway ( sold ) 22' privateer
    Never hunted utah but id be very courious to see how you do , that oct hunt interests me cause aug and sept im always hunting calif , been calling a few utah guides and getting prices like $1500 for oct cow elk not including the tag fees but could save that money if i knew where to go on my own . Tryed oregon archery elk once but too long of a drive for me, i can get to utah in like 6 hrs from here

3. Sea 2'er

Sea 2'er Elk Country USA

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    Gone!
    My son and I hunted the southwest desert unit of Ut a few years back, cow elk, youth. Tough unit to get in to, had a hell of a snow storm on first day of season and turned roads into slick mud once snow melted. Had to chain up all 4's on my truck to get out. Made for a long day.

Hearing good prospects for Manti, with exception of a lot of spike hunters and ATVs.

Heading to Colo end of Aug for Archery Elk, will take a detour and scout the Manti on way back.

4. cattledog04

cattledog04 Newbie

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    N/A
    Good luck, I'm heading to Utah with my boy next week for a bull/cow combo hunt. Hoping to get a decent first bull.

5. Clearwater Outfitters

Clearwater Outfitters Newbie

Name:
    Clearwater Alaska Outfitters
    Boat:
    Clearwater Alaska Outfitters
    Best of luck for your hunting tour. I am waiting for some awesome hunting pictures.