longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Fished la jolla this morning 5/3. Got a half scoop of dines at grey light and made our way out. Got to the nw corner and made about 20 pieces of greenbacks and began fishing shortly after. About 30 min into the first drift the flylined Mac gets hit and dumps about 150 yards of line. Once the fish stops I see the furr ball coming towards the boat. And within 10 seconds I'm now fighting a nice sized yellow with a seal attached to it. About 10 minutes into the battle the dropper looped sardine goes off and my buddy goes to work on that fish. The battle continues and my buddy gets his fish to color and I stick a gaff in it 1 fish on the deck and one to go. I continue playing tug off war with the seal he would drop the fish then come back and pick it up again this went on for what seemed like forever. Finally I got the fish close enough and the seal let go just long enough to sink a gaff in it thankfully with zero damage to the fish only the tail. After the smoke settled and we caught our breath we went back to fishing. I dropped down a mac and within minutes was bit by a nice little 28inch halibut. Great day on the water again!
    20160503_110433.jpg

Upvote 0

Danny

Fish Doper
    May 17, 2009
    Torrance
    Name
    Danny
    Boat
    SS FAT GUY
    SEA LION not a Seal. Sorry, pet peeve. Carry on

Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    Have a big mackerel loaded with treble hooks inside, to feed the dog while your trying to land your yellow.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Winning does not suck.

Upvote 0

ror_sal

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
    Nov 6, 2011
    San Diego
    Name
    Rory
    Boat
    fish and chicks
    dogs are part of the game in LJ. I wouldnt even look at one funny though. If anyone was caught trying to hurt one...get ready to bend over. I hate them too but thats what 40# and buttoned drags are for!

Upvote 0

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
    Boat
    19 SeaPro
    A seal bomb inside a mackerel would hurt them. Treble hooks just add iron to their diet.

Upvote 0

longboard85

• Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    dogs are part of the game in LJ. I wouldnt even look at one funny though. If anyone was caught trying to hurt one...get ready to bend over. I hate them too but thats what 40# and buttoned drags are for!

Exactly I was glad I got bit on the 40# on this one it was the only way I got the fish back.

Reactions: ror_sal
    Upvote 0

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
    dp
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Amberjack
    Please send a full picture of your boat. Preferably with you sitting in it.
    Nice haul!!

Upvote 0

NaClLife

Fish whisperer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Belleair
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Sold and now what
    Seals know bait fishing. Better luck with them staying away with the iron or drop loop squid.

Upvote 0