3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Pics or it didnt happen
I need to cut them from the videos and I'll send them your way or just post them on here. The videos are way to long and it sounds like I'm giving birth or even at times dying as I'm pulling on this fish. It was a crazy battle. That will be my last shark battle of my career hopefully. It was an entire tail length longer then my 8' gaff. I swore that day to never cast on a mako again. That's 2 this year & 5 for my boat. And hopefully my last 2 in life. I've caught to many makos to count this was by far the largest. If only the videos and pictures will do it justice. But I've yet to not see one on each of our trips this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Somebody pass an invite to the island bound mammals to come down to the 9 for an all you can eat buffet
I firmly believe that's why there are so many sharks around the islands and up into the international reef. Same goes with the killer whales. I've never seen as many as I've seen this year. They are on the lower 9 and the 439 every afternoon, I can only hope they are eradicating our unbeloved furbags.

rodngun762

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 12, 2005
Name
Boat
I firmly believe that's why there are so many sharks around the islands and up into the international reef. Same goes with the killer whales. I've never seen as many as I've seen this year. They are on the lower 9 and the 439 every afternoon, I can only hope they are eradicating our unbeloved furbags.

Killer whales on the Lower 9 every afternoon, or sharks? Where's the 439?

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Killer whales on the Lower 9 every afternoon, or sharks? Where's the 439?
The best way to say it is... the 439 is the lower lower 9 and just to the west. Of the opening of the canyon.

IMG_5900.PNG

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
This is a great SC offshore map....one of the better one's I have seen. Where did you get it? Onlne? Thanks.
I own a laminated copy of this map that can be found and bought at most the landings and local Tackel shops for sale. And the pic came from a random google search along time ago when checking on a local banks location. Yes these maps are the best! They get used every trip

Reactions: Sloberdog
Upvote 0