rstephens91350

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 6, 2007
Saugus
Name
roger
Boat
18' 4Winns - traded for plumbing work
Anyone have any insight as to the status of the “Mammoth Lakes”? I’ve clicked around and nothing current or specific to the area. Last I saw was several weeks ago and roads still closed. More snow headed that way end of this week and possibly next week.....

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
Carp, CA, USA
Name
Steve T.
Boat
soon2B
My guess is that Lake Mary/Twin Lakes road will still be closed.
I was up there 5 weeks ago skiing and I have NEVER seen that much snow up there and I've been going up since '83.
June might be an option if the ice has melted.
Ski operations are scheduled to stay open 'til July 4!

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I just looked at the Mammoth cam at Tamarack,still quite a bit of snow on the ground.The snow that is coming will be on the top,rain down below.Im going up to ski the 20th,I was up a few weeks ago and IMO,you got about 2 hours of OK skiing,after that a lot of slush.I skied in the AM and fished Hot Creek after lunch.Tom

FOSTER

Sep 29, 2004
Mission viejo
Name
Foster
Boat
14.5' 1997 Gregor
i'm wandering the same thing. have june 7th-11 books at twin lakes mammoth. we need some warm weather!

Shon

Fish til I can't fish no more
Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Spirit of Adventure/ Pac Voyager
Still tons of snow around the lakes basin. Lake Mary is buried and still frozen, like George and mamie. Twin lakes is showing small spots of water but still not accessible to fish, unless you wanna risk your life. Crowley, Convict, all of June lake loop and Bridgeport reservoir are open.

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Hahaha thanks, it’s been raining all day already and it’s gonna get nasty tonight. Up too a foot of fresh snow! #neverendingseason
No worries, I'll think of you when I'm showered in tuna blood this weekend! :D

Reactions: Shon

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Remember most of all weather reports up there are based at the airport.I looked at the mammoth cams a few times today,rain in the village and unbound and canyon,wet snow at McCoys and blizzzard on the top.Going to get quite a bit the next couple days.My son is going friday and im going monday.Tom

Shon

Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Remember most of all weather reports up there are based at the airport.I looked at the mammoth cams a few times today,rain in the village and unbound and canyon,wet snow at McCoys and blizzzard on the top.Going to get quite a bit the next couple days.My son is going friday and im going monday.Tom
Yes the cams are awesome, I live here all year round so I’m giving you a what’s happening right now report as well. Very true about the airport weather reports, most people don’t know that.

Shon

Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Are you guys gonna fish or ski? Crowley has been good in the north arm and McGee bay. I’ve been fly fishing the last few weeks and it’s starting to turn on at Crowley. Healthy rainbows and Browns with a sprinkling of cutthroats. All midge fishing

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I ski in the AM and fish Hot Creek between [email protected] and the ranch after lunch.I just fish dry and streamers so dont put a lot in the net.Was there a few weeks back and had to fish a #20 midge.I cant hardly tie them let alone see a take.The nymph guys do very well.Tom

Reactions: Shon

FOSTER

Sep 29, 2004
Mission viejo
Name
Foster
Boat
14.5' 1997 Gregor
Thanks for the update SHon! Are twin lake camp grounds still covered?

Shon

Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Shon,
Do you think twin lakes will be open by June 7th?
If we keep having weather like we are now, no. Hopefully this week is it and we can get back on that warm streak. But it is the mountains and Mother Nature does what she wants when she wants.

FOSTER

Sep 29, 2004
Mission viejo
Name
Foster
Boat
14.5' 1997 Gregor
If we keep having weather like we are now, no. Hopefully this week is it and we can get back on that warm streak. But it is the mountains and Mother Nature does what she wants when she wants.
Thanks! We are trying to come up with a plan b, just incase mother nature decides to not play nice these next few weeks.

Shon

Jan 21, 2014
Redondo Beach/ Mammoth
Name
Shon
Boat
Thanks! We are trying to come up with a plan b, just incase mother nature decides to not play nice these next few weeks.
Bishop is always another option, a lot of people forget about the beautiful lakes they have and there’s tons of camping too. The Owens valley is one of our favorite places to go when the weather in Mammoth is crap! Just a thought!

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
OK,update,got up here yesterday afternoon,started snowing over night and has not stopped all day.The hill did not open at all today,high winds pretty much all day.Looks like 4-5 days of more snow this week.Too windy to fish,going to take a look at the day tomorrow and decide to stay or go home.Was going home thursday anyway,dont want to spend the whole day in the condo watch TV again.Tom

Reactions: Haly0 and Shon

Haly0

Pescado hunter
Aug 10, 2015
Surf city, usa
Name
Hal
Boat
lightest load party boat available
I’ll be up Sunday morning ! Hoping for weather to clear out by then

FOSTER

Sep 29, 2004
Mission viejo
Name
Foster
Boat
14.5' 1997 Gregor
Its official. Twin lakes mammoth refunded my money for my reservation on jun7-11. Ended up getting a couple campsites next to each other at Sherwin creek. Anyone got any recent fish report from that area? I think they are stalking twin lakes this week.