Malware Scam on BD when using my Samsung S9

momaguro

Sep 23, 2011
Pacific Beach
Name
David
Boat
Pequod
Looked for a "site issues" forum to post a concern about scams, malware etc but could not find one. Posting concerns about security in the Nonsense board feels wrong but here we go anyway.

Despite using Malwarebytes whenever I access Bloodydecks.com on my Samsung S9 it jacks the website and plugs it full of links to a scam site. This does not happen on any other site accessed on my phone. I am presently at a loss on how to protect my phone data and have spent some considerable amount of time trying to fix it. Any help in this regard would be kindly appreciated. Here are two screenshots from this week. Screenshot_20200828-210741_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200824-153732_Samsung Internet.jpg

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Hmm, I guess we not allowed to post in that forum anymore.

@Jason you know anything about this Samsung/Google scam?

Upvote 0

MJB

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    I've got the same on my pixel

I've caught so much malware from this site over the years it's crazy

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo
    I get it at least once a day from here.

Also pressing back space or delete button when typing a post closes my keyboard unless I press the settings icon that turns orange in the toolbox. Only on this site.

Reactions: Rocket Dog
    Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
    Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    ditto. I always debug my phone after use. My laptop has more safegaurds, but sometimes also gets attacked.

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    It seems to be android only. We are blocking them when you guys send them to us. On our end we don’t control what ads google fills in and there are bad ads that make it through google all the time. Since covid a lot of our advertisers pulled out and are going under. This means more backfill of google ads in the mix. Add the political BS going on and bad actors injecting ads in to the system to scam money and here we are.
    Make sure to delete cookies and temporary internet files to clear the banners out.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
    Sep 9, 2010
    SouthBay SF
    Name
    The Kid
    Boat
    Aquasport 222 FFV
    Thanks for the update Jason.

How do we send you something malicious without getting tagged ourselves?

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    Anyone that use any phone for any other than phne calls, texts, and Google Map is a fool. Phones are very the easiest thing things in the internet universe that can be hacked. People that use their phones for payment methods are really asking for trouble.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Anyone that use any phone for any other than phne calls, texts, and Google Map is a fool. Phones are very the easiest thing things in the internet universe that can be hacked. People that use their phones for payment methods are really asking for trouble.
    This you?
    unnamed (3).jpg

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo

Desktops, laptops, ATM machines, card scanners, USPS for paper bills, counterfeit money... everything is hackable. Good thing banks and payment companies are fluent in this and will take care of their users. If you get got learn from it. Layer your security just like you did when you bought your first firearm.

Upvote 0