slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
I just rigged up some 2 pound fluoro Sibiki rigs. That's the hot ticket to a quick limit - Shhhhhh.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I think we are there.

:deadhorse

Last edited:
Reactions: madrugador
P

Paddyman1

Saw the great numbers put up by the fleet on Friday and decided to hop onboard the Malihini today for a 3/4 day offshore trip. Captain Mike and crew worked their butts off as usual. I have to admit, I've never had much luck on this boat. Been out with them a couple times but never had that great of a day. Today was pretty awesome. Spent the first 4 hours driving around looking for some bigger models and two bluefin 20-40lbs and a slug yellow of 20+ hit the deck but with 37(!) people on board we all were getting a bit antsy. Mike headed back back towards the coast and 20 or so miles off what looked like Rosarito, four separate large schools of fish were located signaled by huge flocks of birds diving. Within an hour and a half the boat had its limits and it was time to head in. These fish really wanted to die. Bait was the hot ticket but surface irons, snipers flat falls and even poppers were effective. Not huge fish but one hell of a way to open 2017! Sashimi and homemade teriyaki grilled collars with onions to celebrate the catch.View attachment 825979
Hey Eric,

I would have definitely kept a few of those crackers, but many people will likely chime in regarding the protection of our fisheries, and have obvious different and some obscured views. However, IMO, your post was merely a straight-forward report with no intent on gloating about killing it on wide-open juveniles.

Also, like Mikey said, we need to be careful about any potential conflicts we post that fish and game on either side of the border will get their panties in a wod over.

Look at the bright side, you have some tasty hamachi to boot and 27 likes to go with it!

Skol!

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I don't see any numbers on them. You jump to more conclusions than my GF.
Well shit,my bad.A great way to take more than you're supposed to,don't tag your fish.Brilliant.

Kai

Mar 16, 2004
Oxnard
Name
Fish Killer
Boat
none.
There are many schools of thought with fishing. Catch and kill what you are going to eat, catch and kill all, catch and kill selectively....

Fish is not an unlimited resource of course.

We should all practice conservation when we can.

In my opinion, based on species populations, more reproductive cycles for more rare fish before harvest should be stressed regardless. For species that are popular and numerous, we still need to practice conservation. That fish should have helped or reproduces at least 2-4 times.

This would help our oceans for sure to recover.

On the comercial side, rod and reel is the only way to go.

Reactions: kevina

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Hook em that size just let out some more line and let it soak for a bit. Bigger stuff feeding on them too.

Turkey Slayer

Apr 20, 2006
San Diego
Name
Randy
Boat
Waiting for my boat to come in
The Fish and Wildlife needs to put a size limit on yellowtail. It is just not right to kill those babies!

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
thanks for the report. it gives the details that are needed in a report (location, bait, time, how you found the fish, etc... much better than most reports where people just show pictures of a fish and don't say jack shit). and it shows that you had a good time.

I haven't read many comments on your post, but i know for a fact that guys WILL flame you for keeping small fish. also, guys WILL flame you for having 8 fish when the mex limit is 5. that being said... keeping 5 smaller yt isnt a bad thing especially if you eat them. keeping 5 and giving away 3 after the pic was taken is all dandy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.