I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    Had a wonderful Fathers Day with my son today, Shark Fishing at the 267, we picked up a nice one for the BBQ. GREAT TIME. Got a phone call from my baby girl (27) Kristen, while on the water wishing me a happy Fathers day . Came home to a dinner prepared by my wonderful wife Beef Wellington, Creamed Corn and roasted herb potatoes. Thank you God for my wife and
    DSCN2060.jpg
    kids, I am the luckiest man on earth.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    Great eating size. Nice!!!!!

Upvote 0

Tunastrike

Hook up! The best sound the boat makes...
    Jun 14, 2014
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    1998 Seaswirl Stripper 2600
    Nice! Awesome fishing day at the 267:)
    Happy Father's Day!

Upvote 0

Mick

fishdivesurf
    Jul 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Kingfisher
    Boat
    21 Cuddy, No Ka Oi
    great fathers day picture, blessed for sure!

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Good going! Even the mako looks happy. Great pic.

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    That was a good run. How did the conditions look?

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    That was a good run. How did the conditions look? It was pretty nice, some rollers in the morning, water temp got colder the closer we got to the 267 it was 64 at the furthest point. Water was clear and current was perfect for a shark drift.

How does a mako taste? I would love to tell you they taste just like blue shark which I have been told they taste like piss. Although I have no idea what piss tastes like. Mako's are really good table fair, they are second in my book only to Wahoo. If you do decide to keep one please try to only keep males in the 80 to 100 pound range. I let 90% of the Makos I catch go. The rule on my boat is we only keep one for everyone to share and that is only if we dont have any in the freezer. I only keep one or two a year.

We had a terrific time I brought along a buddy who has just picked up the ocean fishing habit. We put Nate on this fish and it was the biggest fish of his life. Lately I have more fun putting people on fish and seeing the fun they have tackleing a big one than I do when I do it myself. It's easier on my bak also.

Upvote 0

makohead1

Almost A Member
    Nov 23, 2011
    Vista Ca U.S.
    Name
    Ty
    Boat
    dreamchaser
    Happy Fathers Day!! put that pic on the wall,.... it`s priceless. Did you guys chum? what did u use? Did you guys sight cast a mack when he came into your chumslick? Any other sharks caught and released? awesome report.... and an even better pic!!!!

Reactions: Johnlgarrison
    Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Yes we chummed, it was a mixture of New Fishall chum and left over bait. I have a freezer I picked up at a garage sale for $20. When we go out on the boat I save the leftover chovies and deans in a 5 gallon bucket. I place the bucket in a big laundry basket. As the chovies thaw they drift out of the basket. We did not see one other fish all day. He showed up about an hour into the drift. Did not sight cast to him, that is my favorite way to fish sharks but sometimes you have to put a bait a hundred feet from the boat to get bit.

Upvote 0