Mako Bit Bluefin???

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Thats a nice size fish, but the picture is deceptive. No way you could make a decent guess, but would like to hear the story behind the bit off tail.

hbouldin1216

May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
Would love to see some GoPro of that. The way the bite looks, it wasn't clean. Tax Man made a couple runs at it. Still plenty of good meat left, nice win!

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Thats probably the easiest way to land a bluefin that big after you hook it.

Reactions: JTH

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Thinking this is the same fish as reported on JDs

More on the Tuna vs Mako Shark-- Hi JD, picture of the fish with a substantial amount of weight taken by a 12' Mako shark. We didn't measure the girth and estimate the length but this fish was well into the 200 lb range around 230-240 by our estimates.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Where's the shadow from the fish?
It may have come from your couch, but it is a good question. everything else has significant shadow, even the letters on the building... so interesting question, even if you are on the couch at least your brain is still working. Not to imply there is anything up with the picture but it is interesting... maybe the shark scared it's shadow away.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Where's the shadow from the fish?
Probably underneath it. Look at all the other shadows, the sun is high and the shadows are short. The guys behind the fish are obviously quite a few feet behind it and the bottom of the photo only shows about 1 foot in front of the peoples feet. So most likely the shadow is out of frame. There is another photo from a different angle up on Jd's site.

Reactions: ?? fisherman

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Shadows?

C'mon guys, if you're gonna call someone out then you better look alot harder before doing so.

Like already said, the shadow doesn't show due to the position of the sun. Look at the shadows you do see...... they are nearly straight up and down.

You see no shadow because the fish is a good distance in front of the guys standing behind it. Trust me, there is a shadow, and it's right below the hanging fish.

Case closed ;)

The unknown fisherman:p:

Reactions: makairaa

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
It happens.