teddya2

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 30, 2007
san diego
Name
teddya2
Boat
invader 20- Bikini Bottom
Hit the water @ 7am on Profish with long time buddy and captain John and trusty first mate & beer supply guy Chad. Tried a couple paddies early for nothin. We were trying to get bait or maybe some yt or dodo, ended up outside the nine where water was 71, it was 66 inside. 10 minutes of trolling got a decent 80lb male so we said good enough, meat for all aboard. As we were going in looking for paddies we saw a nice one about 10 miles west of pl. Threw chum bait and instant surface frenzy, we were not expecting that so the usual early season snafoos occurred including snagging the flag on the outrigger on an iron cast (captain John ), a knot coming undone due to a hasty tie ( by me). And we kept snagging Chad's sabiki rig which was still sitting around. We did have two nice hook ups on the YT , flylined dines, but lost them and couldn't get them to go again. In the end it was a nice day with good seas and sun by noon, we spent more time drinking at the dock than actually on the water...LOL

Attachments

rex

May 15, 2007
Riverside
Name
rex
Boat
16 ft cobia
Its a mean looking beast good job

b-reel

Nov 20, 2011
Downey
Name
HP
Boat
none yet
When's dinner? Good job on keeping a juvenile and not a breeder.

captjd

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 26, 2003
PLSD
Name
Jeff "JD" DeVore
Boat
Martuni Dos
...."Killer"........ score, full-on steak-o.....user name ocean WHAT? Trippy????

bugman

Oct 7, 2004
san diego
Name
bob sciacqua
Boat
15' gregor baja , 17' Boston Whaler "Bella Serra"
mako... it's what's for dinner. One of the best eats in the ocean. Enjoy and thanks for the 411.

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I can totally relate...funny.
I got my mako the weekend before the 4th july.I don't know exactly what was done to the steaks wrapped in foil,garlic,butter, onions and Cajun seasonings I believe.Then made the most tasty fish tacos with the meat.
Mako is bland in flavor,sorta like tofu.Hell you could make tofu tacos if you wanted to,now that I think of it.