Big Bay Yachts

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
1975 Mako 20 With 1996 175 HP Evinrude 2stroke outboard with low hours.

Boat has been thoroughly gone through inside and out. Only thing that did not get refinished was the bottom paint. The teak was removed and refinished, all electrical completely redone with new switch panel, two new batteries, new leaning post and upholstery, new fusion radio with six year warranty through west marine, new deck paint, recently installed 30 gallon bait tank, vhf radio, New Lowrance HDS 5 finder/gps, new windshield, new hatches forward and at center console, new cutting board built in at transom, new hatch covers made of starboard in the stern, 2000 Pacific tandem axle trailer with brand new tires, brakes need work, Motor was gone through recently with new CDI, Optical ignition switch, starter solenoid, new thermostats, new fluid in the lower unit, new impeller, new spark plugs, new power pack, basically I replaced all the electrical components and had a full tune up done by Sunset Marine, new ignition switch, replaced fuel line and installed new primer ball for fuel line, new water separation fuel filter, and a few other things I cant think of right now.

Boat fishes like a dream. Its 20'6" long with an 8' beam, stable and dry ride. Recently went to the 182 and back without getting sprayed once. The hull is solid. The 2stroke 175 runs strong. The boat has a built in 44 gallon fuel tank and there is plenty of room forward of the center console for a bladder bag or deck tank to make longer runs.

Motors runs smooth and strong, I love this boat and put a ton of time and money into it recently. Wife and kids love the boat which means we now need a larger one.

The boat also comes with a Boat US membership which covers you and the trailer up to 100 miles offshore. Good through August I believe.

$8500 For more info please call 619 804 5030 or email me.

Thanks for looking

bdad1.jpg

bdad3.jpg

bdad4.jpg

bdad2.jpg

fillet table.jpg

2011-08-24_07-26-48_134.jpg

2011-08-24_07-26-57_685.jpg

2011-08-24_07-27-14_180.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2009
HB
Name
Mike
Boat
Shamrock CC
Approximate hours?

Any pictures of the boat on the trailer? What kind of condition is the trailer in?

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Approximate hours?

Any pictures of the boat on the trailer? What kind of condition is the trailer in?

Will post more pics soon.

Trailer is in need of brake service. One of the axles was replaced three years ago. It worked great up to the point where the brake problem started. My buddy owns a brake shop and is supposed to give me a quote to fix it up soon.

Thanks

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Damn, I'm impressed!
That is a great looking Mako, and outstanding job re-rigging it!
Sweet.

Thanks! Was and is a labor of love. If I could only get paid to fix boats up!!!

This is for the other guy.
Hours on motor. NOT sure. I personally put about 60hours on it. My uncle had the boat and almost never used it! I would say he averaged two trips a year for the better part of 8 years. Sad. At least he kept her covered. He thought the motor had about 400hours on it when I got it. That is why I when I first got the boat I had a compression test done before diving into it further. Everything checked out fine and it fired right up, but I wanted to be sure it would run for years to come. I replaced every major electrical component and then some. I kept the old working parts for back ups. I also replaced the fuel pump, disconnecting the VRO pump and premixing. My father in law in Florida runs these motors on his commercial boats and recommended doing that. He said he would get 2-3 thousand hours on this motor by premixing. I know it gives me peace of mind knowing the motor is getting lubricated and not relying on an O-ring the size of a cherio to deliver the oil.

Before I did all the work the motor topped out at 35mph and after its hitting 40 mph. I would say conservatively dropped a grand into the motor.

Untitled7.jpg

bdad7.jpg

bdad5.jpg

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Do you have anthing that has the dry weight of your boat? Maybe in the original ad you have?

Not sure what it is. I would assume it is much heavier than a modern 20' boat of similar size. There is a website called classicmako.com. Someone on there would definitely know.

I

Upvote 0

Torrn

216 Cuddycon So. Cal
Mar 9, 2007
SB
Name
BC
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddycon
Sweet looking well kept sled! Somebody will be getting a great boat.

Upvote 0

hardrider5

Master
Sep 4, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
Parker 2520
Man she looks nice. I have exactly the same boat and it's easy to recognize many of the enhancements you have done. The railing looks new and mine shows the age. I would be interested in knowing more about where you sourced the windshield, railing, hatches ect. I love the cutting board at the stern and the additional safety it looks like it provides. Good job and good luck with the sale.

Mike

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Man she is looks nice. I have exactly the same boat and it's easy to recognize many of the enhancements you have done. The railing looks new and mine shows the age. I would be interested in knowing more about where you sourced the windshield, railing, hatches ect. I love the cutting board at the stern and the additional safety it looks like it provides. Good job and good luck with the sale.

Mike

Thanks! I made the hatches and cutting board out of Starboard. Bought a sheet directly from Peidmont Plastic in Miramar. That stuff is great to work with and provides a durable nonskid surface. The windshield was fabricated at San Diego Plastics. Railing is OG and in perfect condition.

Upvote 0

hardrider5

Master
Sep 4, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
Parker 2520
Your a craftsman. What material did you use on the cover at the rear of the console and the anchor locker up front ?
We put a 150 Yamaha four stroke and a windless up front. She is a sweet ride and you can't beat the fuel economy.

Upvote 0

F1sHsLaY3r

Jul 21, 2007
O'side
Name
James
Boat
Yer Ol'lady
Hey chuck!. I saw you taking pictures of this beauty down at the launch in point loma. I was the guy with the lil aluminum and the white seabass haha.. Good luck on the sale buddy nice boat!..

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Your a craftsman. What material did you use on the cover at the rear of the console and the anchor locker up front ?
We put a 150 Yamaha four stroke and a windless up front. She is a sweet ride and you can't beat the fuel economy.

Both are plastic/plexiglass from the extras bin at Ridout Plastics in SD.

The amazing thing about these Classic Mako hulls to me is how dry of a ride they are. They shed the water so nice and provide such a stable fishing platform with their 8' beam. Truly going to miss this boat. Wish I had a bigger lot so I could store two boats on my property!

F1sHsLaY3r---Nice Seabass on the bass gear! That little aluminum with its 4hp motor and flatbed trailer was awesome. You guys were stoked, nice to meet ya, and thanks.

Upvote 0

Alfred

KIK-N-BAK
Oct 25, 2005
Lemon Grove
Name
Al
Boat
30 Ft. Blackman Outerbanks KIK-N-BAK
Great fishing boats. I had an older one and loved it. Only problem I had was one day fishing hard, Fish hold had tails sticking out and luckily I had the engine running when some of the sport boats around us drove by and about swamped us. I guess they were jealous. Water came over the stern and filled up the boat. Put it in gear and started to dsrain the deck of water. On that boat I never relaxed due to the low transom and the door, in front of the engine, was not water tight. Previous owner had the same experience. Other then that , they are one of the best boats around in that size range.

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Great fishing boats. I had an older one and loved it. Only problem I had was one day fishing hard, Fish hold had tails sticking out and luckily I had the engine running when some of the sport boats around us drove by and about swamped us. I guess they were jealous. Water came over the stern and filled up the boat. Put it in gear and started to dsrain the deck of water. On that boat I never relaxed due to the low transom and the door, in front of the engine, was not water tight. Previous owner had the same experience. Other then that , they are one of the best boats around in that size range.

I could see that happening. Many guys have rebuilt the transom on this model putting the outboard on a bracket and raising the transom in the middle. I secured and weather sealed my access door so when it does swamp, which happens every time you put the boat back on the trailer, almost no water comes in through the battery access door.

Upvote 0