Making bait for the next trip

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by FishRock, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Bill W

Bill W tunaholic

Name:
    Bill Walsh
    Boat:
    Red Rooster
    Come on, 5 dollars... Just deduct it from your tip...

If you do not have a bait rig then next trip you most likely will have one. It's all part of the game.

kcarnesmd likes this.
  2. Abaco

Abaco Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    The Organ
    When we were making bait at Cedras on the RP I took a video with my phone to show my kids. "See, to catch big fish we need little fish." I was chanting my trout song while bait fishing. "Trout, trout, pretty little trout. One more splash and come right out!" I was close to being the weirdo on the boat. Close.

Glad I can help.

3. NCalTunachaser

NCalTunachaser Newbie

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    20' Whaler - Backlash
    Just fished the RR111 July 4th. 8 day and really appreciated that the previous trip had made a nice tank of Mackerel that we were able to use early in the trip, in fact we never needed to make bait for the entire trip (for us). When our trip was all but done (with pretty much limits for everyone) we were asked to make bait for the next trip. Not one word of disagreement or dissent from anyone that I was aware of, as it should be in my opinion. I was more than happy to hopefuly help the next trip out. As for charging for bait catching rigs, I think in 16 years of fishing Long Range I might have been on one or two trips were we did not need to make bait, I dont understand how if someone did not come prepared that they would have a problem buying tackle that is needed to fish and should be thankful that the boats do a pretty good job of having gear that we can purchase if we do forget something. Just my opinion.

bassalbie likes this.