BD STAFF

Fishing Forums, Articles and Reports
Jan 7, 2010
San Diego CA
Name
Advertising
Boat
none
This guy either has a lot of time on his hands or he really doesn't want to spend big money on a cooler. Would you build something like this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Kinda reminds me of that time "bad dog" showed me his improved kill bag at the hotel coral a few (many)years ago.Bragged about how he kept ice in it for four days.Also bragged about how many cars in ensenada had "bad dog" stickers on their cars.:hali_blablalba:

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Way too clean of a job to be on meth.
Measure with a micrometer,mark with a keel and cut it with an axe(tweaker MO).:starwarskid5:

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
One 3/4 board of foam and a sixteenth will get'er done

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I can see how it might keep ice longer but it's too small to put any amount of fish or ice in and way too much work. That cooler will keep ice and beer cold all day without the mods. And what a bitch it will be once water and grime gets under the foam and tape. Yikes.

Reactions: c-goat
Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
The only good use I can see for that is transporting frozen stuff with no ice or leakage.Once moisture of any kind gets behind that foam it is going to start stinking.

Upvote 0

The Piper Lee

Skipper In Training
Jan 4, 2008
Lemon Grove
Name
Duplex Dave
Boat
21' Wahoo
Have fun washing that thing out after use.

The only good use I can see for that is transporting frozen stuff with no ice or leakage.Once moisture of any kind gets behind that foam it is going to start stinking.

Yeah, it needs to be sealed so you can effectively wash it out. Or, use a liner. Like Mullet said anything that goes in there needs to be sealed.
My buddy made a giant one of those and lined it with FRP, sealed all the corners and edges with silicon. It's a stationary box made of plywood to hold 100's of lbs. of fish when 2 or 3 guy's come back from long range fishing. It will hold 3 cows, I've seen it.

Upvote 0